Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Enjoy The Summer

Hello and welcome.  I'm trusting everyone is trying to stay cool and safe during this nasty heat wave.  It's certainly not helping my migraines and breathing issues.  This last week has been rough with the weekend being down right unbearable at 114 and 113 degrees and it never really cooled off at night.  I was finally able to push myself to, somewhat, go through some boxes still unpacked from our move.  I do realize it's been several days since I posted last, my health just wouldn't let me.
 
I was digging through my stash of designer paper when I came across this blue, watercolor style paper and the first thing I thought of was swimming pool so I pulled out this Pool Piggies stamp set, with matching dies, from Gerda Steiner Designs I received as a RAK from a friend.  I started out by stamping all of my images using memento tuxedo black ink on neenah white scraps then colored using copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I die cut the images out using my Big Shot© before adhering them on my slimline card using glue dots.  I then added some blue/green fibers from my stash and adhered a few teal sequins from Picket Fence Studios.  Taking one of the sentiments from the set, I inked it in tuxedo black, stamped it directly on the card before going over it using a Sakura 3D glaze pen.  Taking a few more glaze pens, I highlight parts of the piggies, and added some polka dots to the yellow swimsuit) before declaring the card finished.  
 
Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station July 2024 - See Pic Below (inspired by relaxing, water)
 
The Four Seasons
Inspiration Station

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs
Card Stock: Neenah White; Scraps; Designer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, MISTI, Sequins, Big Shot, 3D Glaze Pens, Glue, Fibers

4 comments:

  1. Great pool scene with those cute piggies and their floaties. The background paper is perfect for the "pool water". Thanks for linking up at The Paper Funday Challenge! We also invite you to share at The Inspiration Station Challenge too, you may find your card is a great match to the inspiration photo this month.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've shared with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge! We hope you'll play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like those pigs are enjoying the water, great background and such fun images! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great water scene! Those piggies are sure staying cool. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.

    Gale DT for

    https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete