Monday, July 22, 2024

A Cat Dragon And A Steampunk Mermaid


Hello and welcome.  The last few days have been really bad with this migraine, and associated auras.  More than once I hit the need to cry.  I've lost more sleep, and been the sickest,or in pain, in a long time, over the last several days.  Fortunately, I've had pre-colored images already printed out that I could finish assembling.  It's been a project just trying to photograph, and blog, the few projects I've gotten done.  

First up, it's no secret I LOVE cats/kittens so this freebie image from Gecko Galz for their monthly fantasy challenge is right up my "alley".  I had printed the image at 3.5x5 inches before trimming it down, layering and adding gold brads.  The card is made using Neenah white card stock and Gecko Galz's Island Girl digital paper set.  It might be retired, or sold out, since I don't see it in the store right now.  Once I had the paper adhered to my card base, I added an eggplant envy scrap as a border before adding my layered image using pop dots.  After adding some black/gold ribbon from my stash, and Crafty Meraki Midnight Shimmer Illusion bling and my card was finished.  

Challenges entered:
 
CD Sunday Plus #138 - Anything Goes Digital (Gecko Galz image and designer paper)
 

Stamps:
Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Gecko Galz Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Glue, Bling, Brads
 
 
Next up is a steampunk mermaid using this month's freebie from Gecko Galz for their monthly Steampunk challenge. She's printed on Neenah white card stock and layered using scraps of Recollections card stock with one layer distressed using a Tim Holtz paper distresser.  Setting aside my layered image panel, I trimmed down another color of the Gecko Galz Island Girl digital paper and added that to a white card base.  I then took some of the scraps and made a middle border layering it onto scrap Recollections card stock.  Pulling out a small hole punch, I created my own faux brads before popping up the layered image using pop dots.  The final touches were some fibers from my stash and teal sequins from Picket Fence Studios.  

Challenges entered:
 
Shopping Our Stash #526 - Summer (inspired by going to the ocean)
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Recollections; Gecko Galz Digital Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Fibers, Paper Distresser, Sequins, Glue, Pop Dots, Faux Brads
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you've been in lots of pain with the recent migraine. I'm praying that it has eased so you can get some refreshing sleep. What a crazy imagination that conjured up a steampunk mermaid!!!! A very unusual idea to merge those together! You've given the image a pretty setting. The fiber ribbon is an excellent embellishment! Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Fantasy!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with that beautiful cat image. I hope you feel better very soon. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful colourful cat image and card,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, a stunning card and that is not an 'alley' cat... love the colours and layers. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw...
    Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray you have some relief from these migraines soon. Your cards are gorgeous, Thanks for sharing your lovely Mermaid card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. The artist has a great imagination and the colours are fabulous.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card/s. Very unique and colorful. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a great day! Hope the migraines leave. Cheers, Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are recovering by now, beautiful cards, thank you for sharing them with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Anne CC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card, I love the art work and image, mhope you soon feel better

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like steampunk and cats so both cards are brilliant! Just wondering why you didn't enter the second one in our challenge too?
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your pain relief. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your migraine is better. Your cards are so pretty. I love the cat card with all those beautiful colors. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete