Monday, July 15, 2024

I'm In Shape

Hello and welcome.  Third post if you're looking for my Crazy Horses or GinaK Christmas cards, please scroll down 1-2 post.  Today I'd like to share with you a card using another pre-colored image.  This beautiful fairy godmother is a freebie this month in the Conjurer of Dreams Facebook Inspiration Group.  
 
After seeing a friend's Instagram post about body image and how people need to look beyond weight, makeup or lack thereof, and see the person inside.  You never know if your comment is helping, or hindering, someone emotionally.  I for one have experienced this with doctors or in-laws making a comment about my own weight, which medication and chronic conditions contribute to, and how it negatively affects me emotionally and psychologically.  So with that in mind, I decided to use this image and create something that reflects my feelings on the subject.

I started out by combining the image with a hand generated saying in Photoshop, before printing her out on Neenah white card stock then layering, adding some black brads then setting aside.  I then printed out my designer paper from Gecko Galz called Island Girl and added that to a white card base.   After adhering the layered image to my card, I finished it off with some Crafty Meraki Midnight Illusion gems and yellow ice stickles to highlight the star.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah White; Recollections; Gecko Galz
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Meraki Shimmer Illusion Bling, Brads, Glue Dots, Glue, Yellow Ice Stickles
 

4 comments:

  1. HA! Love that sentiment! Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other people can be so cruel without meaning to be. I hope you are comfortable with how you look. Your mental health is much more important than anything else. I do love what you've done with this adorable image. Take care. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Very cute. Lovely colour choices. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! The motivation behind it! I was on prednisone for almost two years and my weight ballooned! I learned to ignore and move on!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,Owner

    ReplyDelete