Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Sympathetic Floral Watering Can

 


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a sympathy card I made using a retired digital image from Gerda Steiner Designs.  I've had this image since 2019 but just haven't colored it until now since I needed a few more sympathy cards.  

I started out by combining the image and my saying in a watermark program before printing several images on Neenah white card stock. I then colored them using both Prismacolor and Copic markers. Once my coloring was finished, I over-stamped a long retired Stampin Up sanded background using Tim Holtz old paper distress ink before running a Stampin Up night of navy marker along the image edge before layering.  Once I had added matching brads, I laid the layered image panel to the side.  My card base was made using a dusty Cuttlebug floral screen embossing folder and my Big Shot.  Once it was dry embossed, I sanded the edges using a sanding block.  After adding the image panel to the card using glue dots, I pulled out a wooden butterfly I found at Dollar Tree then using Ranger glossy accents to adhere it to my card.  The final touches were a scrap of navy grosgrain ribbon, bling to the butterfly's body before spritzing some navy marker over everything. As an after thought, I then went over parts of the image using black and white gel pens and added ice stickles to the flower centers.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2024 - Use Your Unloved Stash (butterfly, image, sanded background, embossing folder)

 
Colorful Options
 
 
 Inspiration Station
 
Triple B
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps:   Gerda Steiner Designs; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Big Shot, Embossing Folder, Navy Marker, Color Spritzer, Brads, Sanding Block, Wood Butterfly, Bling, Ribbon, Glossy Accents, Gel Pens

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card of condolence, Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty shade of blue and your coloring's so nice, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love your layers and embossed background. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great weekend! 🎨🎢✨Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the embossed background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete