Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Journaling My Week

 
Hello and welcome.  This last week was one I don't want to have to repeat  First, my migraines have been really bad to the point of crying from the pain.  Nothing was helping at all to ease the pain level, not even a little bit.  The weather certainly wasn't helping either (high 80's to mid 90's then dropping to low 70's with wind every day).  I'm not complaining about the 70 degree temps especially since I know triple digits are just around the corner.  Second, our washing machine died mid-load so we had to go and get a new washer with money we really don't have.  Third, my mojo up and left.  I had no interest in the things that normally make me happy.  However, I wanted to do something creative, so I decided to make a couple of art journal pages using images from Gecko Galz.  Once I had the images printed, I just added things that I liked.

The first page is made using one Gecko Galz free images from one of their blog posts. It kind of reminded me of "counting sheep" to fall asleep when I was little, but also with some flowers in a pond.  After I used my corner rounder on one side only, I layered the printed image, added brads, and distressed it using my paper distresser.  I then pulled a piece of "mesh" glitter card stock that I've had for years, added it to my art journal page before adding the layered image using glue dots.  After pulling out some scrap die cuts, I added those using Ranger's glossy accents before pulling out a baggie of buttons I've had for years and never used.  I then added those using the glossy accents as well. The final touches were spritzing some Seth Aptor ocean trio sprays, some Tattered Angels glitter spray, and diamond ice stickles to highlight the stars and water.  Once that was all dry, I added the page to my art journal using 1/2 inch score-tape.  Looking at the chaos of the page....yup pretty much how my week went.

Challenges entered:
 
 

My second page uses the freebie from this month's Gecko Galz Monthly Goth challenge.  Once I had printed the image, I layered it and added some faux brads before setting aside.  I then took a spiderweb stencil from Newton's Nook, and some paper pouncers and created my background using both going grey/basic grey inks.  Taking a retired Picket Fence Studios Cat Played Fiddle To The Silver Moon, I stamped the hand coming out of the ground on scrap white card stock before coloring using Prismacolor markers.  I then cut off the Happy Halloween saying and added that to the page to add a bit of "creepy" to the mix.  Digging through my stash of Prima© flowers, I finally found the tin with the black/white flowers and added those before punching several bats out of scrap black card stock.  Once I had the flowers adhered, I added the bats using my Bearly Art glue.  I then added some Crafty Meraki Midnight Shimmer Illusion to the page. Pulling out my old Stampin Up journaling stamp, I stamped it on scrap white card stock before adding my journaling.  After running a basic grey marker along the edges, I adhered it to my journal page making sure to add one more bat at the bottom.  As an afterthought, I dusted off my Tim Holtz lock and key die (retired) and using my old red Sizzix (you know that really heavy red thing), I die cut one set of lock and key.  After paper pouncing tea dye over both to age them, I distressed the edges before adding them to my page using glue dots.  I'm sure glad I kept that old Sizzix since the cat was sleeping on my Big Shot.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Two Old Bats

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Blue Journal Page
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Die Cut Scraps; Mesh Paper
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, SU Pacific Pointe Marker, Color Spritzer, Buttons, Score-Tape, Ice Stickles, Ranger Glossy Accents, Page Pebble, Paper Distresser, Seth Apter Ink Spray, Tattered Angels Glitter Spray, Computer, Printer
 
Goth Journal Page
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up Journal Stamp
Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Going Grey, Basic Grey; Tim Holtz Tea Stain
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Primas, Basic Grey Marker, Paper Pouncers, Spiderweb Stencil, Tim Holtz Lock/Key Die, Old Sizzix Die Cutter, Meraki Bling, Color Spritzer, Scor-Tape
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous gothic image and page,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Bonnie. I'm so sorry about your bummer of a week - I've had a few of those, but you did a sterling job of pulling through with your creativity! Thank you for sharing your creepy little girl with us at Two Old Bats Challenge.
    Fran/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I sure hope you get some relief. Great pages! I still have my Big Red, too! I keep it because it smashes bottle caps like nobody's biz (just in case I need to smash any eyeroll) and makes a great door stop, lol. And it's an art antique now, can't part with it. I also have my original Zip E Mate and still use my blue QK Squeeze. Also the green Cuttlebug. Sounds like I need to open a museum, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bonnie for showing us both cards. I sympathise greatly with your bad heads. I have them too and find I need crafting to try and help forget them.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great art journal pages. Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time - hugs.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layering on these fabulous pages! As a fellow migraine sufferer I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with them.
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely journal pages, I really hope your migraines ease, I used to suffer badly with them so I can understand how your feel.
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal pages. I still have my big red sizzix too! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete