Monday, May 13, 2024

The Secret Garden

 
 
Hello and welcome.  For those that celebrate it, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Mine was really quiet as it's still a very hard day for me.   I lost my mother, my best friend, on May 19, 1991 only one week after Mother's Day to metastatic breast cancer.  Just 5 months after I got married.  It probably seems silly, however, there are many who understand.

Today I'd like to share with you a few ATC's (artist trading cards) I made using a free ATC collage sheet from Gecko Galz for their monthly ATC challenge.  After printing out the collage sheet, I fussy cut all of the elements out before layering each of the ATC backgrounds to scrap card stock.  Once that was finished, I started laying out the cut elements over the backgrounds to see which matched to what background before adhering them using Bearly Art craft glue.  While they were drying, I pulled out my MS punches and paper crimper, and began punching out butterflies, flowers, ferns and pine sprigs.  Once I had all of the ferns I wanted, I ran through my paper crimper before adhering those using Ranger Glossy Accents.  The only other embellishments added was pink, pewter and red bling along with crystal ice stickles to highlights parts of the background flowers and/or water.  Close-ups and minor additions below:

Green Apple Fairy ATC - besides the bling and ice stickles added, I also drew the ladybug's legs and antenna using a black 3D glaze pen since I had cut off the ones on the collage sheet.
 
 
Pink Garden Fairy - also added a punched butterfly with bling highlighting the center
 
 
Blue Garden Fairy - for this one I made sure to punch the ferns out of blue scraps and the pine sprigs out of brown scraps.  I added the smoky grey bling to the lock and as the body of the butterfly (inspired by a card Tanis Buckton made for Gecko Galz using bling as the center of her butterfly).  I also made sure to highlight the "lights" of the blue garden and added "firefly's". 
 
 Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station May 2024 - See Pic Below (inspired by flowers, colors)
 
 
The Four Seasons
 
Inspiration Station
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Group
 

 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and rest of your week.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah White (for ATC collage); SU Scraps 
Accessories: Computer, Pinter, Bearly Arts Glue, Bling, 3D Glaze Pen, MS Punches, Ranger Glossy Accents, Paper Crimper, Ice Stickles
 

10 comments:

  1. Totally cute ATCs - looks like such a fun and detailed process! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful trio of ATC's. Love all the little ephemeral elements you punched and crimped and Stickled.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Plus.
    xox, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning set of ATCs. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely, so much to see.
    I understand how hard Mother's Day is, time lessens the pain but it always stays with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great ATCs. There's nothing 'silly' about missing a loved one - grief has no time limit. Hugs.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet ATC's, I love the vintage and whimsical images. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at and making ATCs. Love these.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty collection of ATCs

    Thanks for playing along with my May Flowers theme at MAWTT,

    Hugz tinz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderful ATCs!
    Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete