Sunday, May 12, 2024

Joyful Holiday Wishes

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card with you I made using a pre-colored image from the Gecko Galz May Christmas challenge page.  I printed the image out right away even though I didn't know how I would use it at the time.  I will say Gecko Galz's pre-colored images have really saved me more than once thanks to my migraines.  I have several images/collages printed out to use when I need to focus on something other than the migraine pain.  

This month's provided Christmas image is just gorgeous!! I so wish that it was my Christmas tree.  Looking at the image, I decided to pair it up with some retired SU taken with teal, regal rose and blush blossom card stock so the ornaments would stand out.  Once I had layered the image, I distressed the edges using my Tim Holtz paper distresser before adding some small metallic brushed silver brads then setting aside.  I stamped my Christmas greeting first in memento tuxedo black ink before dry embossing my card using a Cuttlebug© Ornament embossing folder and my Big Shot©.  After sanding the embossed images a bit, I sponged taken with teal ink around the edges before adding my layered image panel using pop up glue dots.
 
Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers IC962 - Liz Marie and Pinterest  (see inspiration pic below; inspired by colors white/teal)
Peace On Earth #63 - See Inspiration Pic (inspired by the pink/teal colors)

IC962

Peace On Earth

 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up Wishes Awash (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Taken With Teal
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Paper Distresser, Ice Stickles, Pop Up Glue Dots, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Brads, Teal Marker
 

8 comments:

  1. A great christmascard with a very nice tree and lovely embossing.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the strong colour of the background.
    I hope your migraine soon goes, they are horrible and can be so debilitating. Take care.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the embossed texture ... so very glad you joined our Cardstock Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty image and your finished card really does it justice.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colouring. Hope the headaches are subsiding.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely take on several different challenges and the perfect vehicle for that beautiful digi stamp! So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a lovely image and beautiful blue card! I apologize, thought I'd commented on this a week ago, oops!
    Thank you sharing with us at CD Sunday Plus!
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete