Monday, May 20, 2024

A Steamy Smoky Fairy Night

 
Hello and welcome.  Second post today.  If you're looking for my Pammie's Inky Pinkies card, please scroll down one.  
 
The card I'd like to share with you, I made last week while my migraines were really bad again.  It's either try to focus on something else and push through or crying which hurts more.   Fortunately the image was a pre-colored one from Gecko Galz for their monthly steampunk challenge so all I had to worry about was finishing the card.  

After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I layered it using scraps making sure to distress the edges of each layer using a paper distresser before adding brads and setting aside.  The card base is dry embossed using a Sizzix© retro circle embossing folder run through my Big Shot© before slightly distressing the three edges of the card base.  I then added the layered image panel using pop up glue dots.  I then die cut three Tim Holtz mechanical gears on white card stock scraps before "coloring" them using Tim Holtz weathered wood, walnut stain, stormy sky distress inks and Stampin Up going grey (retired) dye ink using my paper pouncers before adhering them using glue dots.  Taking my MS punches (hydrangea and fern), I punched several flowers and ferns to create a floral spray in/around the die cut gears using Bearly Art glue.  The final touches were adding some kraft thread along the folded edge, ice stickles to the "lights" and smoky/black bling to the floral centers.  I'm not totally happy with how this turned out but I'm not starting over again.  Clearly I need more practice with Steampunk images.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2024 - Use Your Unloved Stash (thread, Tim Holtz dies, embossing folder)
 
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: Tim Holtz Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain, Stormy Sky Distress Inks; SU Going Grey
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Big Shot, Embossing Folder, MS Punches, Glue, Pop Up Glue Dots, Paper Crimper, Thread, Paper Distresser, Bling, Ice Stickles

1 comment:

  1. I think you are WAY too hard on yourself and I really think this is one of your best cards ever. Truly gorgeous grunge! LOVE the floral element and great choice of folder as well. Feel better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete