Sunday, March 17, 2024

Thinking Of You At Easter

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a trio of cards made to send out for Easter using the free Easter Bunnies digital stamp from Gerda Steiner Designs.  For some reason, it seems I'm never ready for sending Easter cards out.  This year is no different.  These three cards are at least a head start for me, especially since I've had this image for awhile and not used it yet.
 
I started out by combining the digital stamp and my own typed saying in a watermarking program, then printed them out onto Neenah white card stock.  I then pulled out my Prismacolor and Copic markers and colored the images before layering and adding brads.  For the card base, I pulled out a Cuttlebug dots/spots embossing folder and ran each card through my Big Shot© before lightly sanding the embossed images.  Before I added the layered images, I lightly stippled matching ink (eggplant envy, bliss blue, poppy red) over the embossed images and along the sides of the card.  Once done, I adhered the layered image panels using glue dots then pulled out a few premade bows and attached them to the cards using mini glue dots.  I'm pretty happy with how these turned out since I was once again crafting with a migraine.  It was either craft to get my mind off the migraine (sort of) or cry because nothing was helping again.  Close ups of each card are below:




Challenges entered:
 
Shopping Our Stash #517 - Round And Round (embossing folder, dotted eggs) 
 
Four Seasons
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs
Ink: Stampin Up Eggplant Envy, Bliss Blue, Poppy Red
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Bow, Glue Dots, Brads, Computer, Printer, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Sanding Block, Stipple Brushes

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and a great color scheme in coordination with the color of the base card. Great idea to emboss the base card and make the image stand out. I love these little bows too. Great Easter cards, every single card is so beautiful.
    Thank you for participating in the current Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute images with the different colour basics. I also admit to not making Easter Cards but I do enjoy seeing what others make. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and love all the colors. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards in lovely colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter cards, The various colours make the cards all look different.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely Easter cards.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Anne CC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Easter cards, I love the bunny images and the different colour backgrounds.
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to say, Thanks so much for sharing with us at CD Sunday Plus Challenge!
    XOX, Aimes DT

    ReplyDelete