Monday, March 25, 2024

A Little Steampunk Magic

 Hello and welcome.  I have a couple of cards to share with you that use pre-colored images from Gecko Galz.  
 
The first one up uses the free image for their monthly Steampunk challenge.  Now I don't make a whole lot of steampunk cards since it's out of my comfort zone, so I'm hoping this one is ok.  After printing the image off on Neenah white card stock, I cut it down to size and layered before adding brads and setting aside.  My card is dry embossed using a retro dots/swirls embossing folder in my big shot©.  I decided to highlight the embossed images before cutting, then embossing, a border strip using the embossed side for the border.  After adhering the layered image panel crookedly, deliberately, I dug out my Tim Holtz gear dies and die cut a couple of gears out of scrap card stock, then lightly stippled some walnut stain distress ink over the gears using a paper pouncer.  I then adhered the gears making sure to add some bling in the centers.  The final touch was some blue fibers I've had in my stash for years.

Challenges entered:
 
 
My second card is using the free image from February's monthly challenge at Gecko Galz.  I started out by printing the unicorn image on Neenah white paper before cutting it down to size, layering and adding brads.  I then printed off one of the Seasons of Hope digital papers, then added it to a pacific pointe card.  For some reason I decided to dry emboss the card at that point and use the debossed images before cutting a black border strip, dry embossed that and adhered using the embossed side.  I then color spritzed some pacific pointe marker over the card front before adding my layered unicorn using glue dots.  The only other embellishments were a black bling flourish and some blue fibers I've had in my stash for years.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and rest of your week.

For Both Cards:
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: Stampin Up Pacific Pointe; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Gecko Galz Digital Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Swirls and Retro Circles Embossing Folders, Stipple Brush, Paper Pouncer, Bling Flourish, Tim Holtz Gear Dies, Fibers

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for using up old embellies! Your steampunk card looks fine, never would have thought it wasn't in your comfort zone. Both cards are pretty, xoxo

    ReplyDelete