Monday, March 18, 2024

A Mourning Angel

 Hello and welcome.  I needed to make a few sympathy cards so I pulled out the Stained Glass Beauty images I had printed off from Gecko Galz, trimmed off the angel and layered it on scrap black card stock before adding some black brads. I then dug out some True Faith© 12x12 designer paper I bought a LONG TIME ago and pulled out the golden cross background, trimmed down to size and adhered it to a black card.  I then took my memento tuxedo black "cat eye" ink pad and added some of the ink around the edges of the card so it bled over a bit.  Taking the layered angel image, I adhered it at an angle using glue dots before stamping the verse from Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted" in black ink on a white scrap of card stock.  After that was layered, and brads added, I adhered that also at an angle using glue dots.  The final touch was three small black flowers I punched from scrap card stock using my Martha Stewart hydrangea punch with some tiny black Crafty Meraki midnight bling added to the centers.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2024 - Use Your Unloved Stash (designer paper, SU saying stamp set )
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up (saying is retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Stipple Brushes, MS Hydrangea Punch, Glue, Glue Dots, Bling
 

4 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are always difficult cards to make but you have designed a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful stained glass window image and Sympathy card,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've coloured the stained glass window beautifully. And the black layer makes the image 'pop'.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a difficult subject, Your stained glass window colouring is beautiful,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete