Thursday, May 25, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday On A Thursday May Edition


 
Hello and welcome.  Today I have another card to share for the Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  For this one, I used the same Stampin Up background as yesterday's card but a different Hero Arts stamp called Garden Flowers Sketch.  I also received this stamp as a RAK from a friend and hadn't used yet (NBUS).  Thank you Amy so much for starting these challenges.  So many of my woodblock stamps are seeing love again.

I started out by stamping the Hero Arts flowers in memento tuxedo ink on to scrap Hammermill white before coloring using my prismacolor watercolor pencils with alcohol blender again.  Once the coloring was finished, I blended some Tim Holtz tumbled glass and mowed lawn distress inks before layering and adding some white brads.  For my card, I again stamped the dots and posies background in mowed lawn before adhering my layered image using glue dots.  I then added some green/white baker's twine from my stash before adding a wooden wheelbarrow I picked up from the dollar store using mini glue dots.  The finishing touches were some Meraki Sparkle Green Illusion bling I won earlier this year (NBUS) and my saying stamped in memento tuxedo black directly on to the wheelbarrow from a long retired Stampin Up Fancy Flexible Sayings wood stamp.  The inside again uses the retired Helen Keller saying from A Stamp In The Hand.
 
inside
 
Challenges entered:
 
Triple B Challenge May 2023 - Birds, Blooms, Butterflies (I used the blooms, colors of mood board) 
Retro Rubber #207 - Anything Goes Using Stamp Over 1 Year Old (floral 1yr, background 1.5, saying in wheelbarrow 10yrs old, inside saying also 10 yrs old)

The Four Seasons

Hero Arts

Triple B Challenge

Retro Rubber



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Stamps: Hero Arts; Stampin Up; A Stamp In The Hand
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holt Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass Distress 
Card Stock: Hammermill White Scrap; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Alcohol Blender Marker, Bling, Glue, Brads, Glue Dots, Baker's Twine, Wooden Wheelbarrow, PFS Blending Brushes
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card, Bonnie Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons. We appreciate your participation and hope you'll join us again soon.
    Karen L, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, lovely floral card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons and Triple B!
    Diane FS and TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fresh + fun Bonnie Lynn! Thanks so much for joining me at Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girlfriend! The green is awesome with those colorful flowers, very pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, really like the thin red border. Thank you for playing with us this time at RR. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete