Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday - May Edition


 

Hello and welcome.  Today is another Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  If you're any way like me, then you have lots of woodblock stamps that have been collected over the years, so today, we are being challenged to pull those old woodblock stamps out and show them some love.  My card today is uses a few oldies but goodies. 

 

I started out by stamping an old Hero Arts Pansy Sketch (no longer available) that I received from a friend a few years back and haven't used yet in memento tuxedo black ink on to a watercolor paper panel.  I then pulled out my dusty prismacolor watercolor pencils, colored the image, then blended/water-colored it using an alcohol marker before layering and adding some brads.  My card base is stamped in Tim Holtz broken china distress ink using a long retired Stampin Up background (I think it's Dots n Posies) then added my layered image using glue dots.  As an afterthought, I added a couple of purple silk flowers I've had in my stash for years.  I then blended some tumbled glass distress ink around the image panel before adding a small blue bow, bling and faux stitches to finish the card off.  I really like how it turned out.  The inside has the following saying from A Stamp In The Hand "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" by Helen Keller.


Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2023 - Use Your Unloved Stash (stamps, silk flowers, watercolor pencils) 
The Four Seasons May 2023 - See Mood Board (inspired by flowers, colors)
Double D Challenge May 2023 - Flowers (inspired by the flowers) 
 
 
The Four Seasons
 
Double D Challenges
 
Triple B Challenge
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Hero Arts; Stampin Up; A Stamp In The Hand
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China, Tumbled Glass Distress Inks
Card Stock: Watercolor Paper; Stampin UP
Accessories: Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Blender Marker, Brads, Black Gel Pen, Silk Flowers, Glue Dots, Bow, Bling
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love those sweet blooms by Hero Arts! Thanks so much for joining me this month for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a fun stamp!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D Triple B and Four Seasons!
    Diane DD TB FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I'm just now feeling human enough to visit and comment, so I'm catching up. That's a very sweet and comforting card. Although I converted many to cling cushion, I still have quite a few wood-mounted stamps as well. XOX

    ReplyDelete