Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Masculine Hop



 
Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  I am participating in an Instagram Masculine Hop hosted by @kellys.craft.  My card today is featuring a couple of long retired Stampin Up sets: the Old World Map Background and Ships Ahoy.  
 
I started out by stamping the Old World Map background in chipped sapphire distress ink on white card stock before stippling old paper and walnut stain distress inks over my background using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios to "age" it a bit before adhering it to a navy card base.  I then took the tall ship image from Ships Ahoy also in chipped sapphire before stippling old paper and walnut stain over it as well before adhering that to a navy card stock scrap.  Since I didn't have matching brads, I made my own "faux brads" by using a small hand held punch before gluing them to the card.  For the inside of the card I used another retired Stampin Up set called Service and Sacrifice.  Here's what the inside looks like:

I'm really happy with how turned out since 1) I stamped it with another migraine and 2) I'm mass producing for a military card drive a friend is hosting.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Old Paper, Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Small Hole Punch, Glue
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing old stamps, they all have plenty of life left in them and what goes around comes back around. This made a beautiful card for your drive. And the Masculine Hop's a good idea about right now. Hope you are getting some well moments in between the usual. XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Bonnie - that map background stamp is perfect for that glorious ship! Love the distressed look, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous masculine design! I love this! Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nautical theme is a great way to create a background for any sea lover. Thank you for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at MMMChallenge blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful motive. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete