Friday, May 12, 2023

Make A Wish With Balloons

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share another card I made as guest designer for Gerda Steiner Designs for their May 2023 release.  Today I'm sharing a cute birthday card that could be for all ages.

I started out by stamping my images from the Cupcake Mice set, along with my saying, on scrap Neenah white card stock then coloring using both Prismacolor and Copic markers before layering and adding three white brads.  I then dug through my brad stash to locate the balloon brads I knew I had somewhere but haven't used in a long time.  After adding an orange balloon brad, I then lightly stippled leftover pacific pointe ink around my image panel.  Taking a Marvy balloon punch I've had for years, I punched out red, blue, and yellow balloons to add to my card using both glue dots and pop dots.  For my card, I took a Rubbernecker birthday balloons stencil I had won (and not used yet), and blended Stampin Up summer sun, pure poppy and pacific pointe inks using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios before adhering it to my card.  Taking a black gel pen, I highlighted the make a wish before adding faux stitching and then "strings" for my balloons.  The final touches were yellow ice stickles and a clear 3D glaze pen to highlight the birthday hat, eyes and mouse's nose. 
 
Here's the progression of my card:
 


 




Prismacolor and Copic markers used

 
Challenges entered:
 
AAA Birthday #49 May - Balloons (brad, punched shapes) 
 
 
Inspiration Station #49
 
 
Colorful Options Challenge
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to check out the release here.  It's LIVE in the shop now!!

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Pacific Pointe, Summer Sun, Pure Poppy
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Balloon Punch, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Black Gel Pen, PFS Blending Brushes, Birthday Balloon Stencils, Yellow Ice Stickles, 3D Glaze Pen


6 comments:

  1. Gerda Steiner images are so cute and this mouse is no exception. Your coloring and card design are lovely. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet image of your mouse, and even sweeter card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Bonnie Lynn! Such cuteness! Thanks for sharing your creative process = I always enjoy seeing how others put things together. The balloon background really brings out the joy of your darling little birthday celebrant! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and critter. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your balloon background and the punched balloons for this sweet card! XXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute little mouse! Great background!
    Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

    ReplyDelete