Tuesday, May 30, 2023

We The People

Hello and welcome.  I have another card to share that I made for my friend's #inlovingmemory card drive for veterans.  Since I'm still dealing with this migraine, I decided to use the same colors that I used on my last post only this time, I decided to use a couple of old (and I mean OLD) Rubber Monger stamps sets.  I bought both of these at a stamp convention at least a decade ago and have used sparingly.  I'm thinking the store has closed down since I can't find it online anywhere.

I started out by stamping the Declaration of Independence background on corn husk card stock in Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress ink before over-stamping the fife and drum corps using the same chipped sapphire ink.  I then stippled chipped sapphire, fired brick, walnut stain and old paper distress inks using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios before layering and adding star brads from my stash.  I then popped the layered panel up using pop up glue dots before adding some brown fibers from my stash (USEIT2023).  The final touch was some retired Not Too Shabby copper sequins.  I then stamped the saying inside from Stampin Up's Service and Sacrafice (retired) in the chipped sapphire ink.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Retro Rubber
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Stamps: Rubber Monger
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Old Paper
Card Stock: MFP Corn Husk; PTI Enchanted Evening, Scarlett Jewell
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Bling, Glue, Pop Up Glue Dots, Fibers

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this card is wonderful! I especially love the background. I have never heard of Rubbermonger. This is perfect for veterans. Bless you for making cards for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love this one even more, Bonnie! hat a great combo, and great stamps to have in your stash! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the overstamping was the perfect touch! Love the look of this one, it looks like one stamp. I've never even heard of Rubber Monger! And I've been buying stamps since 2004. I googled and found several for sale on ebay including your marching kids stamp. Some pretty funny ones like a guilt stamp and a procrastination stamp, lol. Here's the link if you want to look: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=rubber+monger+rubber+stamps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-153677-346401-4&mkcid=2&mkscid=102&keyword=&crlp=645810710817_&MT_ID=&geo_id=&rlsatarget=dsa-1456167871416&adpos=&device=c&mktype=&loc=9027807&poi=&abcId=&cmpgn=18786426719&sitelnk=&adgroupid=144636292002&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CjwKCAjwg-GjBhBnEiwAMUvNW4eIV5bvODWrXySfLOZXPnRSZoYkr2iLUr-cFIyrt6GxmY46IiJADhoCtl8QAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a long link, you can just google Rubber monger stamps and click on the ebay link. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, perfect for the theme you are working with. I love how you layered your stamps. Thank you for playing with us this time at RR. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete