Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sympathetic Koi


 Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card that I originally started a month ago and thanks to health issues, plus migraines, has taken me until now to finish.  It was inspired by the Splitcoaststampers MAR23VSNE - Cutting Board (or make a tag) challenge.  I decided to pull out a long retired Stampin Up set Oriental Brushstrokes to make my tag.  

After stamping the koi fish image in memento tuxedo black onto scrap Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Arts pencils before stippling Tim Holtz broken china, spiced marmalade and tumbled glass distress inks around it using my Picket Fence blending brushes then layered onto a punched scallop scrap.  I then dusted off my hand held rectangle punch and made a hole in the top of the layers before adding two snippets of scrap ribbon.  Then, taking a white gel pen, I added dots to the scalloped "parts" before setting aside to dry.  My card has a dry embossed layer with memento pear tart and summer sky ink rubbed over the embossed images.  I then added the scalloped koi tag using pop dots before stamping my saying from another retired Stampin Up set called Hope For Comfort.  The final touch was adding a few gems from my Crafty Meraki sparkle green illusion bling pack.  There's also two tiny gems from the pack added to the koi fish eyes.

Challenges entered:
 
Tic Tac Toe #207 - See Inspiration Board (ribbon, dry emboss, free)
 
Tic Tac Toe #207

 
 Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Pear Tart; Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Marvy Punches, Ribbon Scraps, Bling, Glue, Pop Dots, White Gel Pen, PFS Blending Brushes, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Floral Screen Embossing Folder

4 comments:

  1. A very pretty card with that lovely embossing folder for added interest.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice cup of tea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Bonnie and the added ribbon snippets are a lovely finishing touch.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. This is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to have you share your art with us.
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Asian vibe, my friend and so pretty. XOX

    ReplyDelete