Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Courage

 Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for a card drive for veterans a friend is doing.  It's take me quite a few days to photograph and upload thanks to the migraine I've been dealing with.  My part of California was in the 90's last week and now we're in the high 60's to low 70's.  Quite a difference in temperatures and a known migraine trigger for me, however, I'll deal with the migraine to avoid the heat any day.
 
My card uses an old, long retired Stampin Up set called Courage that I received as a RAK from a friend (NBUS) and is great for mass producing cards.  I started out by stamping the image, and saying, in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring using Castle Arts pencils and a Prismacolor blender pencil.  Once my coloring was finished, I stippled/blended Tim Holtz chipped sapphire, walnut stain, fired brick and old paper distress inks using my Picket Fence blending brushes to "age" the image a bit before layering and adding some red star brads from my stash.  I then distressed the edges using an old Stampin Up distressing tool before adding it to my card using pop up glue dots.  The final touch was adding the flag stars using a white gel pen.

Challenges entered:
 
 


 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Old Paper, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain
Card Stock: PTI Enchanted Evening, Scarlett Jewell; MFP Corn Husk
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes, White Gel Pen, Distressing Tool
 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous set - your take with it today is wonderful! Your coloring is perfect, too - so happy to see this beauty out to play! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday AND Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous sentiment, and beautifully done scene, Bonnie Lynn. The colors in your background are especially poignant. Thanks for the inspiration and for submitting your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really nice, Bonnie, and I'm sure they appreciate the donation. Hope the temps level off so you can avoid the see-saw. We are staying pretty consistent, slowly inching up but so far it's been almost pleasant if one can say that. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Take care, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card. I love every detail. Thank you for sharing and for joining the Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to support your friends efforts. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete