Wednesday, October 5, 2022

To God Be The Glory

 
Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  I have a fairly easy card to share.  I've had this idea in my head and wanted to see how it would turn out....or not.....using a set I received as a gift from a friend.  Plus, I wanted to see some pretty fall colors since everything here is still a dirty grayish/brown.

I started out by stamping my saying from Sweet N Sassy Stamps clear set called Timless Hymns in memento tuxedo black ink onto scrap vanilla card stock before layering and adding brads.  I then distressed one of the layers using a fingernail before setting aside.  For my card, I dry embossed a pumpkin pie card base using a dusty Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest embossing folder and my big shot before stippling some spiced marmalade distress ink over the embossed images and card edges..  I then adhered some silk leaves I've had for years and haven't used up yet using glue dots before adding my layered saying using pop up glue dots.  After adding a gold bow and kraft thread, I decided the brads were just not working for me.  I then layered gold ice stickles over each of the brads until I was happy with it.  As an afterthought, I put some of the gold ice stickles on a finger and rubbed it over the card base before color spritzing more mustard/always artichoke markers over everything.  I'm really happy with how this turned out since I'm still dealing with a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons October - Fall (inspired by leaves, colors) 
Double D Challenges - Octoberfest (inspired by leaves/colors)
Use Your Stuff #468 - Autumn or Fall (inspired by leaves/colors) 

The Four Seasons

Use Your Stuff

Double D Challenges

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Silk Leaves, Fingernail, Brads, Gold Ice Stickles, Glue Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots, Gold Pow, Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Sponge
 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Fall creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on our Four Seasons Challenge. Did you know we also have an embossing folder challenge? This card certainly qualifies ... please come share with us at our Can You Handle the Pressure Embossing Challenge.

    OH! And, just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omy gosh, this worked out to be a fabulous idea! Totally love it. Your gold Stickling was the perfect touch! I have to tell you, one of my girlfriends texted me asking how I was liking our "California Weather" (that's what we call it when the humidity is so low, sunny and temps in 80's or 70's). I was able to text her back and tell her, that's really what it is, my friend in CA is having same weather, lol. Her brother lives out there so we had a good smile. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mixture of textures on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete