Friday, October 28, 2022

Baby It's Cold Outside


 
 
Hello and welcome.  It's still been a bad couple of days for me so I'd like to share a card that I made using one of the sets Picket Fence Studios offered in a World Cardmaking Day package (for a steal I might add) called Baby It's Cold Outside along with a couple of their stencils; Snowy Trees (retired) and the Slim Line Cloud Coverage.

I started out by stenciling my trees using mowed lawn distress ink and blending brushes.  Once my trees were finished, I stenciled the clouds using stormy sky distress ink and the blending brushes.  At this point, I stamped my gnome's in memento tuxedo black ink onto some scrap white card stock before coloring using Castle Art's and Lyra flesh tone pencils.  Once my coloring was finished, I cut them out and adhered using Bearly Arts glue before stamping the saying from the same set in memento tuxedo black ink above the trees.  Now came the fun.  After adhering the image panel to my card, I took some Snowtex snow paint and craft spatula and created the snow on the trees and ground.  For the snow sparkle, I added some crystal ice stickles to the snow and to create falling snow.  It's not how I envisioned it in my head, but I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Not bad for creating on a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Pine Needles, Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: PFS Stencils, PFS Blending Brushes, Castle Art and Lyra Pencils, Brads, Glue Dots, Snowtex Snow Paint, Crystal Ice Stickles

4 comments:

  1. I love the PFS image you used of the fun gnomes! The texture and sparkle look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the snowy texture and your stencil work is awesome! Fun images and a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scene card, Bonnie Lynn! I hope you feel better soon... migraines are no fun. Thanks so much for playing along with the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not bad at all by a longshot! Girl, you must be reading my mind. Just finished a snowy 6x6 home deco for a DT project to post 11-1 and I SO WANTED to bust out my jar of Snow-Tex but like many times before was too skeered because it's so unpredictable. So I'm very jealous! haha I hope mine is still good when I finally get up the nerve! Prayers and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete