Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Flamingos And Weddings

 Hello and welcome.  Although the calendar says it's officially fall, the weather here in central California says it's still summer.  I'm so over these hot temps even though they're still only in the 90's instead of triple digits.  I sure wish Mother Nature would make up her mind because it's really messing with my migraines and health.

Since I needed a wedding card recently I decided to pull out a retired Stampin Up set I haven't used in a long time called Life's Special Moments.  I started out by stamping all of the images/sayings in memento tuxedo black ink onto a scrap white card before coloring everything using Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  I'm really happy with how it turned out - clean, simple, and perfect for the couple receiving it.

Challenges entered:
 
 
My second card is made using a set I received for my birthday called flamingo together from Lawn Fawn.  I decided to make my card in varying shades of pink.  I started out by stamping my images, and saying, onto some scrap pink card stock before coloring them using Castle Arts pencils before layering and adding brads.  For the card base, I used a regal rose card with scrap designer paper I had received in a stamp package.  Once adhered, I sponged regal rose ink around the edges before doing the same to my layered image panel.  It was then adhered using pop up glue dots before adhering pink flowers punched out of more scrap paper with pink ice stickles in the center.  As an afterthought, I took a hot pink gel pen and adding faux sewing stitches around my image before coloring in parts of the saying.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Wedding Card
Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Hammermill White
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Lyra Pencils

Flamingo Card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Regal Rose
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, MS Punch, Glue Dots, Sponge, Pink Gel Pen
 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    / CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Bonnie. I can never get that clean a look as you did on the wedding card, always makes me so nervous trying them. I think we are weather twins right now, I just pulled up Merced's and Baytown's and they are the same! Humidity and temp. Weird, huh? We get a bay breeze about 4pm and it helps. Feel better, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the CASlicious wedding card, Bonnie, as well as the wonderful monochrome shades of pink and patterns of your flamingo card! I'm glad you aren't letting the Indian Summer temps and migraines keep you from creating. Soon it will be wonderfully cold for us! Thank you for inspiring everyone often at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh what a lovely card! I hope your migraines improve as the weather changes. They are certainly no fun! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie Lynn I just want to say a big THANK YOU! The theme is monochrome for the challenge at Crafter's Cafe. You followed the theme perfectly. Doesn't hurt that I love Flamingos. Thank you for linking up with us over at Crafter's Cafe. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! What a fun flamingo card, (love your wedding card too) Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete