Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Just A Note About Frank

 Hello and welcome.  Life is just being crazy right now and my migraines, depression, plus other health and adulting issues, are just kicking my butt.  So what does one do when depression gets a hold of you?  Well, for me, I color, even with a migraine to try to relax and escape life for awhile.  With a nasty migraine, I just hide in a very dark room with a washcloth over my eyes which is where I've been for the past few days.  I do have a couple of cards to share.  One was completed before finding out a family friend, Stacy,  whom I had lost contact with, was killed in a bicycle accident.  I do want to talk about Stacy but first I'd like to share a couple of cards.

First up is a card made with one of the clearance finds I made at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago.  It's sat colored, just not assembled.  Assembling this card helped me focus on something else and forget about life for a few minutes.  The image, House Mouse Bumble Bee Fun, (now retired) is stamped in memento tuxedo black ink before being colored using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  The background is stenciled using Picket Fence's Slimline Cloud Stencil along with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky distress ink and a Picket Fence blending brush before layering.  Since I didn't have matching brads, I made my own using a small hole punch and a MS 2-way glue pen.  For my embellishments, I added a small bow, crystal ice stickles for the bees wings/flower centers and a couple of bee stickers I've had for YEARS in my stash.  I'm surprised they still stick!  The saying is an old Rubberstampede stamp I received from a friend.

Challenges entered:
 

 
My second card uses a set I had bought for World Cardmaking Day from Picket Fence Studios as part of their WCD stamp bundle.  I started out by stamping the main image from So Franken Cute in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers then layering and adding brads.  The background is stamped using green galore ink and a long retired Stampin Up Halloween background set.  After color spritzing some green galore ink over the main image panel, I added some black brads and green sequins I've had in my stash for years as well.
 
 
Two Old Bats Challenge
  
The Four Seasons Challenge

 Inspiration Station Challenge
 
 If You Give A Crafter A Cookie
 
Double D Challenges
 
 Once Upon A Time Challenge
 
Now a bit about Stacy.  Stacy started out as just my sophomore anatomy/physiology teacher in high school.  She made learning a blast and remembering what you learned easy.  I never met a teacher like her before, nor have I met one like her since.  She and her husband became family friends that year and remained that way until I lost contact when they moved and with the birth of my son. A few years ago, I thought I found her on Facebook, but didn't have the courage to reach out at the time.  I'm regretting that decision now.  I will write more about her in a separate post because she is/was a very special person.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to hug family and friends plus tell them how much they mean to you.  You may regret it later.

House Mouse Card
Stamps: Stampendous; Rubberstampede
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Crystal Ice Stickles, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brush, Bow, Bee Stickles, Glue Dots.

Frank Card
Stamps: Picket Fence Studios; Stampin Up Halloween Background (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Green Galore
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Sequins, Glue, SU Green Galore Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Orange Glitter Gel Pen

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is a cool Halloween card. Great "So Franken Cute" image and coloring. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Octoberfest" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards Bonnie Lynn the HM card is adorable, the colors and background are gorgeous and I love Frank, very scary ;-)

    Sorry you're suffering with migraines and your health, hope you're feeling better today xx
    Also, very sorry to hear about your friend, very sad story xx sending a hug xxx

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great cards - add your first one into the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge too. Your monster card is just perfect for our Once Upon a Time challenge. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling - crafting really helps me too - you can just switch off for a few hours. So sorry to hear about the death of your friend - when it comes out of the blue it gives us even more of a shock. Sending you crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your friend Stacy, Bonnie. One of my friends died a couple of weeks ago, too. She had cancer but was convinced she was beating it, so we were all doubly shocked and saddened. I've been sending her cards but hadn't for the last month, so of course I feel guilty now and wish I had made the time. Your cards are very nice. I'm always skeptically surprised when my ancient stickers still stick, too. I have to remind myself they aren't washi tape (my washi always curls up at the ends so I usually put down scortape first). Sometimes I add a lil dab of glue to the back so they don't come off all the way, just in case. Hoping you get to feeling better and until then, strength to outlast it! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Condolences to you on the passing of your friend and teacher. She sounds like my American Lit teacher in high shool, he was so cool and made learning fun. I hope you get to feeling better and get some relief from both the migraines and the depression. Just take it one day at a time. Your Frankie card is great, I almost purchased this set, now I wish I had. Thanks for plaing along in the challenge at The Four Seasons Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back to say Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your House Mouse card is so fun and cute! I love the sky you made. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome creations! 'Frankie' sure looks scary lol! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also sharing with us at Double D, Two Old Bats as well as Inspiration Station! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. What a terrible loss. Don't beat yourself up about not reaching out. We all get busy and sometimes we don't know where to start when we make contact again after so long of being apart.

    Migraines are terrible. I do wish that you'd never have another one. People don't realize how bad migraines can be.

    I'm going to put on two hats. I love your House Mouse card and am so glad you got a bargain. It's a cute stamp and you colored it beautifully. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Frankenstein's monster is a great spooky card. It's colored nicely. A great green. Thank you for joining us at The Four Seasons challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Frankenstein card, great coloring!! I agree, coloring is such a great way to clear your mind and relax a little bit. Thanks for joining us at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this stamp and I love how you colored it up and made him floating in the clouds, very pretty. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. I am sorry you are suffering with Migraines, and the loss of your dear friend. Take care.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore House Mouse, and this one is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards. Crafting is certainly very therapeutic I find. I’m sorry to read about your friend, so sad! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI there, two fabulous cards - the House Mouse on is just super cute! Sorry to hear about your problems - I suffered with migraines for many years but thankfully they now seem to have settled into the occasional bad / sick headache but were shattering when they were full-on. Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete