Sunday, August 21, 2022

With Heartfelt Sympathy

 Hello and welcome. My husband recently lost his aunt to pancreatic cancer and we needed sympathy cards to sent to his aunt's daughters.  Of course, sympathy cards are not readily on hand because I find it difficult to make them for some reason.  However, I found the perfect image at Jan's Digital Stamps called Southern Bouquet.  Since I was pressed for time, I decided to use one of the pre-colored images that come with the digital set then added the saying using a watermark program.  I started out by printing the image onto Hammermill white card stock before layering and added brushed gold brads then adhered it to a summer sun card.  I wanted to keep the card layout clean and simple but needed something under the image.  I decided a small flourish would be the perfect addition so I went and dug out an old Stampin Up set called Hand Painted Petites and stamped one of the small flourishes in the set in memento tuxedo black to finish it off.

Challenges entered:
 
Digi Choosday Wk 33 - Anything Goes Digital
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Jan's Digital Stamps; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Glue Dots

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty sympathy card, I love the dark yellow. Thanks for playing along in Jan's Digital Images Challenge. ~Rebekah, Jan's Digital Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences on your loss Bonnie. Beautiful card. I like the way the image is framed. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss, Bonnie. That's the perfect sympathy card, CAS always good for that and the Jan's digi is so pretty. Love that you still use brads. I need to use mine more. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, Bonnie. Your card is lovely. Thank you for showcasing "Southern Bouquet" and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I like your embellishments. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is gorgeous - really sorry to hear about your husbands aunt passing. Hugs to you both and the card image is just perfect. Thank you for sharing this and for taking part in the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that your husband’s aunt has passed away. I’m sure her daughters will appreciate the beautiful sympathy card you’ve made. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not an easy card to make but it's very pretty.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely card and I'm sure it brought them comfort. I too struggle with sympathy cards.
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a perfect card for such a sad occasion. I like all Jan's Digital designs and I always purchase the pre-coloured ones as I know I couldn't colour them any better myself. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete