Thursday, August 18, 2022

Life Update


Hello and welcome.  I've had some people ask how I'm doing so I figured I'd better do a life update.  Life sure has been interesting around here lately.  First, my husband was finally able to get the hardware from a tri-malleolar fracture of his left ankle/lower fibula from 2008 removed.  The hardware was starting to "come out" of his skin due to loss of muscle tone due to diabetic neuropathy in the legs (he's Type 1 diabetic for 62 yrs).  Got the pressure wrap off this last Monday and the doctor says overall everything looks good overall.  A little more bruising than the doctor expected but considering hubby's on blood thinners, overall good.


Hubby's still having pain but that's to be expected as well and he still needs to take it easy until the stitches come out in 2 weeks.  My body will definitely be "happy" with those stitches coming out so hubby can move around more.  
 
I'm still dealing with the long haul COVID symptoms. Still trying to get a new pulmonary doctor since mine is relocating and only specializing in sleep disorders now.  It seems 2+yrs of COVID has burned him out.  My primary sent a new referral to a pulmonologist in Fresno back in June, and I'm still having issues just getting an appointment.  So my primary is sending a referral to a different pulmonary doctor closer to us. I had thought the, possibly, new doctor had retired or I would have requested to be referred to him 2 months ago.  Will be seeing a new allergist too in order to keep my asthma/COPD medication from running out.  I'm still dealing with my chronic migraines, falls and depression issues as well.  I've been coloring when I can, then turning the stack of colored images into cards, in order to deal with everything because it's gotten to the point of color or cry. 

Thanks for sticking around to read up to this point.  Have a great day and rest of the week.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bonnie! Oh, I was wondering how you were both doing and am so happy to see that your hubby finally found SOMEONE who knew his arss from his brain! Really, that first guy who cancelled because he didn't pay attention to the meds prescribed, he needs to be reported. I hope it heals up good and ends that trauma. As for you, young lady, isn't Chronic Condition Land a trip and a half? Ugh. You know, if only they could get rid of your migraine pain, that would probably help you feel human. I'll prayer for someone or some new cure for that as well as you being on my permanent list. Hang in there and keep coloring! HUGS! XOX

    ReplyDelete