Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Graceland Christmas Blessings

Hello and welcome.  I'm fully into a Christmas mood right now even though it's 92 degrees outside at 6:30 pm.  I'm thinking if I keep making Christmas cards, the hot weather will go away and not come back.  With that in mind, I have a couple of Christmas cards to share for some challenges
 
First up is a retired Thomas Kincade  stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms (now closed) called Graceland Christmas.  I've had this stamp for some time and don't think I've used it yet but I could be wrong.  My image is stamped in Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress ink before layering.  The only embellishment are some silver enamel dots instead of brads.  I kept the card clean and simple so the beauty of the stamp comes out more.

Challenges entered:
 
Peace on Earth #21 - Anything Goes Christmas (inspired by blue/white theme)
 
Peace On Earth
 
Jingle Belles
 
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Silver Enamel Dots
 
Next up is a couple of adorable mice making themselves a cup of Christmas cheer. I had originally stamped the image some time before our move to make a project with it, and thought I kept the stamp but it must have gotten lost in our move. In fact, I had an entire Rubbermaid sweater box full of House-Mouse stamps and I can't find it.  That's SO DEPRESSING too. I have no idea what the name of the stamp is anymore but it is stamped in black ink and I just finished coloring it using Castle Arts pencils before stippling raspberry ink around it then layering.  I then added it to a raspberry card with a dry embossed layer.  Since I couldn't find any matching brads, I made my own by punching some scrap card stock then adhering using a Martha Stewart 2-way glue pen.  The saying is stamped on scrap white card stock before punching it out and a layer for .  The final touches was adding some gold cord and color spritzing bravo burgundy marker over the image and saying.

Challenges entered:
 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #41 - Use Your NBUS (my NBUS is the embossing folder & saying) 
 
Stamps: House-Mouse
Ink: Black; Stampin Up Raspberry
Card Stock: White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Sizzix Basic Gray Starry Night Embossing Folder, Big Shot, PFS Blending Brush, Small Hole Punch, Pop Up Glue Dots, Gold Cord, Castle Arts Pencils, SU Oval Punches
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.


 

11 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning card, beautiful design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I recognized that Cornish Heritage stamp right away. Such a beautiful design and you've taken it to the next level and beyond. So pleased you could join our Blue Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your card and Split coast...needed to take a second look... I have some of those stamps. Don't remember seeing that one. You did a fabulous job using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card. Loving the deep red card and the image could not be sweeter. Coloring is beautiful. I sure hope you find the box of House Mouse Stamps soon. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Bonnie :-) the blue Christmas is stunning! what a beautiful scene! and the house mouse is adorable, fabulous colors and design :-)

    I hope you find your box of stamps!! 😧

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that snowy scene is stunning in blue ... so very glad you joined our BLUE Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, this is so cute. Once again, these mice know how to put on the Christmas cheer. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute card Bonnie the card above is beautiful

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards. I especially love the House Mouse card, what an adorable image. I hope you find your box of missing stamps soon. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love both cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Caffeinated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete