Sunday, August 21, 2022

Ghoulish Greetings

 Hello and welcome.  Second post today.  If you're looking for my Heartfelt Sympathy post, please scroll down one.  Thank you.

I've started making Halloween cards now because it's just too stinking hot.  I'm so done over summer.  So I decided to use a new digital image that I've had for a while and not used (NBUS), from The Cat's Pajamas called Ghoulish which just happens to be FREE.  Can you say SCORE?!  
 
I started out by printing the image onto Hammermill white card stock before coloring using prismacolor markers and Castle Arts pencils then layered and added brads and set aside.  My card is made using black Stampin Up card stock with the brick wall digital paper from We Are Three.  After printing the brick wall out onto Hammermill white card stock, I trimmed it down to my card's size before adding it to my black card.  I then dusted off a retired Spellbinders  Halloween fence scene and shapes die and die cut scrap navy blue card stock before stippling Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress ink over it then added it to my card.  I then popped up my layered image using pop up glue dots before stamping the web/spider directly onto the brick wall in memento black.  My final embellishments were prima flowers with black ice stickle center and highlighting the pumpkins/saying using a clear Sakura 3D glaze pen.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers FS811 - Craftea19 (kept Halloween theme, changed colors, images) 
 
Two Old Bats
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up; We Are Three Digital Paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Spellbinder Halloween Die, Big Shot, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen, Primas, Glue Dots, Black Ice Stickles, Prismacolor Markers, Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Blending Brush, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. A great card and I love the wall background. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous Halloween card, Bonnie. I love all the little touches you gave it. I have a few of We Are 3's papers, they are awesome. Also Lily of the Valley makes some good ones, believe it or not! Found them on their etsy. They are called Backing Paper (British). XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a FABULOUS card Bonnie! Love it! hanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, if we have 25+ entries, (you can enter THREE times), we will give a PRIZE.

    Darlene
    TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers a perfect for our Challenge theme "Embellish it" this week over @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween card, I love all the detail. Thank you for sharing your lovely card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great halloween card, I like the wall background
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Halloween and your card is great! I like the added die cuts.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card... thanks for joining our August Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun card with lots of lovely detail.
    Thanks for joining us again.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Halloween card. Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete