Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Going To The Beach With Coffee

Hello and welcome.  Hooray!!! We've made it halfway through the week and not melted yet.  I'm not sure what the temperatures are like where you live but we've had triple digits for almost a month along with some humidity.  Normally Central California temperatures in the summer are a dry heat; not this year unfortunately.  I SO would love to be at the beach right now but it's just not going to happen this year at all between health and the price of gas here in California.  However, I can pretend I am by coloring a beach scene and let my imagination run wild.

I started out by printing this Sandcastle Lighthouse digital stamp from Impression Obsession before coloring it using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils before using a Picket Fence Studio Slimline Cloud stencil for the background.  I then stippled several Tim Holtz distress inks to finish off the sand. After layering my colored image, I adhered it to a blue card then added a clear sequin to the clam shell "light" using Ranger Glossy Accents.

Challenges entered:
 
Outlawz Tuesday Color Aug 9 to 22 - Tic Tac Toe (used sandcastle/lighthouse/beach ball colors)
 
Double D Lighthouse Challenge
 
The Four Seasons August Challenge
 
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, Sequin, Ranger Glossy Accents, PFS Blending Brushes

My second card is made using my never before used (NBUS) Slothy Coffee stamp set from Newton's Nook.  I started out by stamping the image in memento tuxedo black ink onto a scrap of white card stock before coloring it using Castle Arts pencils.  Once I was done coloring, I just wasn't happy with how my image turned out, so I re-stamped it onto the back in memento tuxedo black, then colored it using prismacolor and copic markers.  I then went and color spritzed some Lilac marker lightly over my colored image.  Now I was happy with how it turned out.  I then took the Hardwood Stencil and created my background by blending green galore ink over the stencil using a Picket Fence blending brush.  After layering and adding brads, I popped up my sloth over the hardwood background.  As a final embellishment, I pulled out a dusty, unopened tin of Prima polka dot flowers I've had for years and never opened, and then added them with a bling center. 

Challenges entered:
 
 

 
Stamps: Newton's Nook
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Green Galore
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Primas, Bling, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Glue Dots, Color Spritzer, SU Lovely Lilac Marker, Stencil 
 
I'm really happy with how both cards turned out since I'm dealing with another migraine.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous rest of your week.

10 comments:

  1. A lovely card Bonnie, thank you so much for entering our @The Outlaws Tuesday colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for joining in our our LIGHTHOUSE challenge at Double D! Awesome take on our mood boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this sloth and coffee stamp! The sloth is looking fine in his pink and green mug! So glad you shared your sweet card with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Bonnie, thank you for joining the Tuesday Color challenge at the Outlawz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring. Love the background and the beautiful lighthouse. Thank you for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is adorable! I love the bright challenge colors on the coffee mug! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created a creat scene for your card! Thanks for joining our color challenge at The Outlawz Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely beach scene and I love your coloring. Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards. I love the scene on your first card, so beautifully coloured. The little sloth on your second card is so cute. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great scene and so glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete