Sunday, May 31, 2020

Moonlight Kitty


Hello and welcome.  I'd like to share a card I've made using another one of Impression Obsession's digital stamps.  This one is called Cat With Gourd 1852-DG and is currently free on their website.  If you don't like working with digital stamps, then you could purchase the rubber stamp here. I really think it's hilarious the way the cat has a bird cornered inside the gourd just waiting for the little bird to come out so it can pounce on it. 

For my card, I wanted to try using fall colors in a non-traditional fall, or Halloween, card.  After printing off the image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling various Tim Holtz distress inks to create the night sky.  I then took a white prismacolor pencil to color in the moon then layered it while distressing the bottom two layers then adding some black brads from my stash.  I then tied some black twine I had forgotten about in my stash then added some black prima flowers for an accent.  My final embellishments were highlighting the house window using a 3D glaze pen and a white gel pen for the terrified birds eyes.

Challenges entered:

Impression Obsession - Play With Your Food
Arty Divas #22 - Anything Goes
Show Us Your Pussycats #54 - Something With A Cat On It 
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2021 - Anything Goes 
Outlawz Festive Friday May 29 to June 11 - Anything Goes 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Wild Honey, Dusty Concord; Stampin Up Basic Grey
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Primas, Brads, Stipple Brush, Twine, Glue Dots, 3D Gaze Pen

5 comments:

  1. Great colouring and I LUV that stamp. Thanks for the link x
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges =^..^=
    I hope you and all your family are well.
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job on your card. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great non-traditional Halloween card, and I love how the cat sits so patiently, waiting to pounce on the bird! Thanks so much for joining out PIP Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies challenge blog and came by for a closer look. Great job. Then, I started reading your profile (on sidebar) and was touched by your story. SO SO SO sorry to hear about your mom's loss to breast cancer. I can totally relate. My sister, Audra, died 4 years ago to brain cancer. She gave it a good hard fight before she left. She also LOVED lighthouses, so they have a special meaning to me as well. So beautiful to look at these beacons of light and see the wonderful memories of our dear ones. Thanks for sharing. Even though I'm fighting back tears now, it's always a blessing and a joy to remember and think of her.

    I'd love to have you stop by and link up with us when you can in the Word Art Wednesday Challenges. We are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have the most awesome prizes. Please check us out.

    Thanks again for sharing your heart. It kinda made my day.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for stopping by and sharing your sister's story with me. I will definitely stop by the Word Art Wednesday to have a look.

      Delete