Friday, October 4, 2019

Eat Turkey! Plus More NBUS Stuff


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I started a week ago, but migraines and other health issues didn't allow me to complete it until today.  This card was inspired by this flag from the site Flags On A Stick.


Eat Ham Color Me Applique Decorative Garden Flag

Once I saw the flag, I immediately knew what stamp set I wanted to use.  So I dug through my stash and pulled out the retired Eat Turkey set from the now closed Totally Stampalicious that I've never used (NBUS).   After stamping the main image in memento black, I pulled out the Eat Turkey saying and stamped it in the middle of the pigs sign.  I then colored everything using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass and broken china distress inks over and around the top half of the image panel.  For the dirt, I stippled Adirondack caramel dye ink then layered and added some not quite navy brads.  My card was stamped using Stampin Up's retired Chicken Wire background in Tim Holtz faded jeans ink before sanding the card a tad to distress.  I then pulled out a cocoa scrap, dry embossed it using my Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest embossing folder and then also sanding it to distress.  Once my card was finished, I added the layered image panel using pop up glue dots.  I then added some fibers from my stash.  As an afterthought, I distressed the bottom panel of the layered image using my fingernail.

Challenges entered:

Brown Sugar #294 - October Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 39 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday Oct 4 to 17 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Totally Stampalicious, Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Adirondack Caramel
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Sanding Block, Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest Embossing Folder, Big Shot

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card and image -great colouring and sentiment too.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun card!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Colour Crazy Good luck and I hope you’ll join us next time again.
    Jolanda
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and lovely
    https://customdg.com

    ReplyDelete