Friday, October 4, 2019

A Sparkling Wave



Hello and welcome.  Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Eat Turkey post, please scroll down one.

I'd like to share with you a card I made using a stamp originally bought by my daughter over 10yrs ago at a stamp convention when stamping with mom was fun. She had put it into a box of stuff she was planning to toss when she moved out a few years back, so I took it out of the box.  ;)  I think the image is made by Rubberstamp Ave but I'm not sure since it was unmounted when my daughter bought it.  My hubby made a wood block to put the stamp on.

After stamping the image in Tim Holtz chipped sapphire ink, I colored it using copic markers before layering and adding white brads.    Taking a couple of scraps of black/blue card stock, I dry embossed them using a Tim Holtz cracked glass embossing folder before layering and adding to my card.  I then took a white gel pen to highlight the wave bubbles and diamond ice stickles to highlight parts of the wave itself.  The picture really doesn't do all of the sparkle justice.  The card background is one sent to me by my friend Kelli.  As a final touch, I sponged Stampin Up brilliant blue ink around the edges of the card.

Challenges entered:

Colour Crazy Craft Week 39 - Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps and More #361 - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Sept to Oct Challenges - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday Oct 4 to Oct 17 - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Rubberstamp Ave
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Stampin Up Brilliant Blue
Card Stock: SU
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sponges, Brads, Ice Stickles, White Gel Pen, Pop Up Glue Dots, Tim Holtz Cracked Glass Embossing Folder, Big Shot

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this week ! The best of luck with your entry and we hope to see you again.
    Greetz
    Margo DT https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Not Just Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete