Monday, December 18, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 12

 

 
 
Hello and welcome to week 12 of the #runuptochristmashop2023.  This week's inspiration challenge is shaker cards.  Normally, shaker cards and I don't get along much, and I rarely make them, however I wanted to use this cute Bless Your Hearth digital stamp from The Cat's Pajamas I picked up on Black Friday along with some shaker garnish I received for free from Picket Fence Studios in my last order.

I started out by combining the saying and hearth image in a watermark program before printing it out on some Neenah white cardstock then colored using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I added a soft layer of tumbled glass distress ink using my paper pouncers before adding fired brick around the edges using my blending brushes.  After layering my colored image, I added it inside a clear glassine envelope I've had for years in my stash and haven't used them all yet.  Once I "wrapped" the envelope around my layered image, I added a bit of the shaker garnish before sealing it using some Scor-Tape.  It was then added to my card using pop up glue dots.  The final embellishments were some green organdy ribbon and dew drops along the bottom.

Splitcoaststampers USEIT2023 - Use Your Unloved Stash (ribbon, dew drops, glassine envelope)



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and have a very Merry Christmas and blessed, safe New Year as well.

7 comments:

  1. Well done. I have never made a shaker card and I don't think I am going to start any time soon so it is good see those that others have made. I love yours.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card ! I always say I'm going to do a shaker but I never do. I've only made one in my life and it wasn't that difficult either. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever made a shaker card - well done on yours. Thanks for supporting our challenge. Merry Christmas.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a shaker card and yours is great! I must make some again!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Happy Christmas
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shaker card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love it! // Caroline DT- Aloha Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute shaker card!! Thanks for commenting and sharing with us at our Word Art Wednesday Blog Hop. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete