Monday, December 4, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 10


 

 
 
Hello and welcome to week 10 of the #runuptochristmashop2023 hosted by @love_smile_and_craft and @kellys.craft. We are going to make a card each week for 12 weeks until Christmas. This week we're being inspired to use humor, or be humorous.  Since mine, and my husband's family, have multiple health issues I just had to go with bathroom humor.  I remember more than one family gathering where the discussion topic came around to including bathroom humor; especially if my late mother-in-law started it. 

I decided to use one of my favorite designer lines from Impression Obsession, the Gary Robertson line of digital stamps.  I started out by printing the never before used Seasons Greetings Outhouse on Neenah white card stock before coloring it using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils and a white gel pen.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass and chipped sapphire distress inks using my paper pouncers before layering and adding brads.  My card is stamped in pine needles distress ink using a retired Stampin Up holly jumbo roller wheel before stippling more pine needles around the edges.  Once my layered image was adhered, I went and highlighted parts of the image using a Sakura 3D clear glaze pen.  I then added waterfall and diamond ice stickles to finish the card off.  I'm really happy with how this card turned out because I almost threw it away at one point thinking I had really messed it up.  Fortunately, the card finished well.  
 
Challenges entered: 
 


Peace On Earth

The Four Seasons
 
Inspiration Station
 
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah White; Recollections Pre-folded Card Stock
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Blender Pencil, Twine, Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, 3D Glaze Pen, White Gel Pen, Paper Pouncers

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card and what a wonderful stamp used.. Bonnie, thank you also so much for entering into our challenges at Peace on Earth and The Four Seasons, which I am on the design team of both.. lovely entry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Bonnie Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, Bonnie, bathroom humor or not, this is truly stunning as to your perfect coloring and color choices. Brava! And I am so happy to know my card brought a lift to your day! That was a quick mail too, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks festively decorated at Christmas Time - even the Outhouse! Great card, Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we appreciate your support this year.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card. So much fun. Gave me a good chuckle. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, This is the nicest "outhouse" I've ever seen, makes me chuckle...I grew up in the mountains of NC and I'm probably a lot older than you, because I remember these buildings quite well, when I was growing up. Thanks for sharing this fun card with us at Inspiration Station this month. Smiles, Kathy DT PS I may have to invest in this digi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have lots of bathroom humor in our house, too, Bonnie, so I can relate and really love your outhouse to outhouse design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the image you chose to use.

    Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete