Friday, December 8, 2023

Believe In The Magic

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card using one of my all time favorite things - a SNOW GLOBE!!  I just love snow globes.  They offer glimpses into another world and are just calming I think.  My snowglobe today uses the Bunny Snowglobe digital stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas.

After combining the image, and saying, in a watermark program, I colored it using my Castle Arts watercolor pencils for blending later.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled/pounced some Tim Holtz tumbled glass and mowed lawn distress inks around the colored image using my paper pouncers, and blending brushes, before layering and adding some silver brads.  Taking my card base, I dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder I've had for years using my Big Shot.  I then stippled more mowed lawn distress ink over the embossed images and around the edges.  Once that was finished, I adhered my layered image panel using pop up glue dots before highlighting parts of the "falling snow" using a silver 3D glaze pen and then adding crystal ice stickles to highlight the rest of the "snow".  This card was fairly easy to do even with a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Watermark Program, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Ice Stickles, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Snowflake Folder, Paper Pouncers, Blending Brush, Pop Up Glue Dots, 3D Glaze Pen
 

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowglobes too and this one is very cute!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely snowglobe card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, no wonder you liked creating it. Hope your migraine pain lessens! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely snowglobe, and beautiful image
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowglobe, thank you so much for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable bunny - love his oversized ears! You've done a wonderful job colouring him and his winter wonderland Bonnie! Thanks for sharing your cute card with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!
    Hugs, Kate (DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little character and a great card!

    Thanks for joining us at the Critter Crazy Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete