Monday, December 11, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 11

 

 
 
Hello and welcome to week 11 of the #runuptochristmashop2023 hosted by @love_smile_and_craft and @kellys.craft. We are going to make a card each week for 12 weeks until Christmas. This week we're being inspired to create something vintage so I decided to pull out one of my very favorite stamps Thomas Kincade Village Christmas by Cornish Heritage Farms.  I absolutely LOVE the Thomas Kincade stamp line and so wish that CHF hadn't gone out of business.  I thought I read somewhere that another company had bought the license to the line from CHF however, I can't find the info anywhere.  The images are very detailed and definitely take some time, and practice, to color.  Which is maybe why I don't use them much, especially when my migraines are acting up.  I definitely will not be getting rid of any of my Thomas Kincade stamps, except maybe the duplicates at some point. 

I started off by stamping the image in memento tuxedo black ink on Neenah white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts watercolor pencils and blended using a Prismacolor blender pencil.  Once my coloring was finished, I layered the image before adding some old gold photo corners I still had in my stash before adhering everything to a turquoise card (albeit slightly crooked).  The only embellishments added was some gold cord to the top of the card and then crystal ice stickles to highlight the icy parts of the snow.  As an afterthought, I stippled some Tim Holtz old paper distress ink using one of my paper pouncers to "age" it a bit.   Here's a close-up of the colored image:




Challenges entered:

Peace On Earth #53 - See Inspiration Pic (inspired by snow, villages in background, colors)
Retro Rubber #221 - Merry Christmas (stamp used is at least 8yrs old, inspired by greenery, glitter, colors)
Inspiration Station Dec 2023 - See Pic Below (inspired by colors, season) 
Park Hopping My Happy Place Dec 2023 - Anything Goes Theme Parks (inspired by Main Street USA at Disneyland)

Peace On Earth

The Four Seasons

Retro Rubber
 
Inspiration Station
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place
 
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Photo Corners, Gold Cord, Ice Stickles, Paper Pouncer

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING coloring, Bonnie! Stunning card! I have several CHF stamps and they were a great company. Seems like someone should have bought the Kincaid stuff. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is absolute perfection! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! 🌟🎢🎨 Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just like a painting hanging on the wall, it's gorgeous, I've never seen these stamps before, a beautiful scene!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons and Peace On Earth!
    Diane FS and POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just speechless at how beautiful the scene is and how wonderfully colored it is. Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope to see you again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a painting! Amazing! I am a sucker for a traditional Christmas scene. Thanks for joining us at retro rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring of this wonderful and detailed image is stellar. What a gorgeous creation. You have really brought this stamped image to life. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and wishing you the very happiest Christmas.

    ReplyDelete