Thursday, December 21, 2023

Celebrate 2024

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made using the free 2024 Penguin digital image from Gerda Steiner Designs.  I don't know about you, but it seems like the years are flying by.

I started by printing the image on Neenah white card stock before coloring it using Copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I lightly stippled some tumbled glass distress ink around the penguins before layering and adding some gold brads.  The card base has the "Celebrate" from Stampin Up's Wonderful Words (retired) set in spruce ink.  Once my background was finished, I added some gold cord and the layered image.  Then taking some crystal ice stickles, I "painted" the 2024 numbers using a Q-Tip before adding ice stickles to the Christmas lights.

Challenges entered:
 
Inkspirational #305 - Word Prompt Celebrate (inspired by New Year's celebrations)
I Spy With My Little Eye #10 - Something Old and/or New (Old - gold cord and Celebrate saying, Something New - GSD image)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass; Stampin Up Shaded Spruce
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Copic Markers, Gold Cord, Brads, Glue Dots, Crystal Ice Stickles, Q-Tip
 

3 comments:

  1. A super card. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and you did really good painting with the Stickles, all I can ever do is dab and that isn't reliable. Love it! Yup, the older we get, the faster time gets. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card, Bonnie Lynn! The pengiuns are so cute!!
    Thanks so much for playing along this month at I spy with my little eye!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete