Monday, October 23, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 4 Elf Inspired

 


Hello friends and welcome to the #runuptochristmashop2023 hosted by @love_smile_and_craft and @kellys.craft. We are going to make a card each week for 12 weeks until Christmas. This week's theme is "elf /elves.  I was inspired by the elves in Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer TV specials, so I pulled out my Picket Fence Studios Baby It's Cold Outside stamp set and got to work.  After stamping my elves in memento tuxedo black on Neenah white card stock, I colored them using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then took my PFS slimline cloud coverage stencil and blended Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink to create my clouds before layering and adding brads.  Taking my Stampin Up holly jumbo wheel, I stamped the card base in Tim Holtz pine needles distress ink before adding my layered image panel using glue dots.  I then added some crystal ice stickles as "snowflakes".  However, my card didn't feel finished so I stamped the trees from a new Stampin Up Peaceful Deer set I received as a RAK from a friend using spruce dye ink before coloring the trees in Prismacolor spruce marker and adding a tad tumbled glass to the snow.  Now it was finished some 5 days later. *shrug*  My migraines have been giving me fits again along with other stresses.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Picket Fence Studios; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, MISTI, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles, Brads, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Love your coloring and the stenciling and snow flakes, cute card, xoxo

    ReplyDelete