Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday Watercolored Flower Celebration

 

Hello and welcome to another edition of Woodblock Wednesday.  I missed last month's Woodblock Wednesday with a migraine and flu bug at the same time.  In fact, I'm still dealing with it and it may have turned into something else.  Since I wanted to try and do my best to participate in this month's so I pulled out some old, retired, Hero Arts stamps I received from a friend and got to work.  I decided to "ink" the floral one by coloring directly onto the stamp image using my dusty Stampin Up watercolor crayons then misting it with water, then stamping it onto a Neenah white scrap repeating the steps three times.  I then inked a "grid" square shadow stamp using Tim Holtz tattered rose distress ink and over-stamping the grid on top of my flowers before pulling out a retired Stampin Up Wonderful Words wood set.  I then took a Picket Fence blending brush using it to stipple more tattered rose distress ink around the edges of my image panel.  After layering it, and adhering it to black card, I added some pink sequins to the flower centers that I found in my stash that I've had for ages and never used.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers F4A676 - Shadows (used shadow stamp background)

  Epcot Flower & Garden
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place
 


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous evening and rest of your weekend.

Stamps: Hero Arts; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tattered Rose
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Stampin Up Watercolor Crayons, PFS Blending Brushes, Sequins, Glue, Glue Dots, Mister
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie Lynn, for not feeling so great, your card is absolutely beautiful. I hope that the process of creating helped you feel a smidge better. Thinking of you and hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for joining me at Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! We would love you to share this on our Park Hopping My Happy Place challenge, a theme park-inspired challenge. Your card represents the Flower and Garden at Epcot in Disneyworld. https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Bonnie! That's my favorite technique and I love the watercolor effect you achieved. Layering it with the square stamps adds great interest! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I hope that bug(s) packs up and leaves you very soon. Migraines are bad enough without bugs! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I am sad to hear you are not getting better! I'll keep praying for you. I do love this card, it's very ethereal looking and spring-like. Wonderful work, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete