Friday, February 17, 2023

Coffee and Joyful Stories

Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  I have a couple of cards that have been waiting to be blogged because of my ongoing health issues.

First up is the card I made for my husband for Valentine's Day - a little late.  I started out by die cutting the coffee mug and coffee saying twice using my CAS-ual Friday's dies (store now closed).  After setting the coffee saying aside, I blended some Tim Holtz tattered rose and aged mahogany distress inks over my cup before stamping the small hearts from a long retired Stampin Up Conversation Hearts stamp set.  I then stamped the rest of my sayings in memento tuxedo black before assembling my main image panel then layered.  My card base was created using a dusty Cuttlebug heart block embossing folder I've had for years with Stampin Up real red ink applied to it before running it, and the card, through my Big Shot.  Once my card was embossed, I stippled more real red ink around the edges before assembling my card.  The only embellishments added were some red sequins I found in my stash.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Second, I have a cute little one layer, clean and simple, card using a digital stamp from Rachelle Anne Miller called Woodland Snowman.  After printing the image on to Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Arts and Lyra pencils before highlighting parts of the image using glitter gel pens and a black gel pen.  I then took a retired Stampin Up set called Perfect Ending stamped the "joy" in memento tuxedo black before adding a couple of Gin and Tonic sequins from Picket Fence Studios

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous weekend.

Coffee card
Stamps: CAS-friday; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Real Red; Tim Holtz Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Big Shot, CAS-ual Friday's Coffee Dies, Cuttlebug Heart Block Embossing Folder, PFS Blending Brush, Sequins, Bearly Arts Glue

Joyful Snowman Stories
Stamps: Rachelle Anne Miller; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Sequins, Glue, Castle Arts and Lyra Pencils, Glitter Gel Pens, Black Gel Pen

10 comments:

  1. Your CD Sunday entry is really pretty. I like that little scene.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are now feeling better. Thank you for joining us with your Joyful Snowman.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee card is the perfect Valentine, a great sentiment too and what a fun folder you have put to use!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute little scene. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful, cute card. It's lovely.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better! Both cards are lovely. Glad you got hubby's finished, I know that made you feel better. I have that folder and it's so old it's actually being used again a lot around the internets, lol. Adorable second card with great coloring. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely cheerful scene, with the snowman,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun winter scene, great job! Thank you for playing our Clean and Simple Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Happy Crafting.

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your designs, that coffee card is so adorable. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT

    ReplyDelete