Saturday, June 11, 2022

Oh What Fun

Hello and welcome.  I would like to apologize for it being a bit between posts.  I've still been dealing with a nasty migraine (again thank you Mother Nature) and long haul COVID issues.  On top of these add the stresses/expenses of normal life and it adds up to one....whale....of a month so far.  The only thing that seems to be keeping me sane, besides medication, is my stamping/coloring/card-making.  I've been forcing myself to color at times to try and get my mind off of all my health issues AND try to keep my memory from fading too much (another long haul COVID present).  Although I am completely vaccinated, and boosted, I did get the rare breakthrough infection since I have underlying health conditions.  I cannot STRESS enough to please, please, please get your vaccinations and boosters for COVID.  My doctors keep telling me without those, I would have ended up in the hospital, or worse, from my infection.  Ok, off my soapbox now.

I'm playing along with the Fan Club Christmas Card challenge over at Splitcoaststampers this month. In order to play along, you do need to be a member of the Fan Club, so check out the details here.  For my card, I decided to pull out a retired set from The Cat's Pajamas that I picked up last year when they discontinued their clear sets and just hadn't used yet (NBUS).  After stamping it in memento tuxedo black on Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stenciling my cloud background using a Picket Fence Slimline Cloud stencil, Picket Fence Blending Brushes, and some Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink before layering and adding brads.  I finished off my card with a 3D glaze pen highlighting parts of my stamped scene along with a small pre-made red bow.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge
 
 
Christmas Kickstart Challenge
 
Christmas Craft Creations
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky Distress Ink
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Bow, Glue Dots, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens

8 comments:

  1. What a fun Christmas card Bonnie and I love the bright and pretty colours and the brads and sweet little bow as finishing touches. Thank you for joining us over at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. I love all the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun image and love the background you've created - fabulous! So glad you joined us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW ... what a fun creation Bonnie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute card! You are missed in the Snippets Playground! We have a lovely new blog home now and Sar n( heaven help me) is my new partner in crime!

    Hugs

    Di xx GD for Christmas Kickstart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be happy with how it turned out, Bonnie. It's fun and festive! I'm sorry that you are suffering so much. Hopefully the seasonal aspect of the migraine will depart soon so that part eases a bit. Good job preaching about vaccines and boosters. As another person with underlying health and vulnerable conditions, I appreciate it. And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet scene. So cute the fun bear and Love the clouds. So glad you shared over at Colour crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute scene! Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete