Wednesday, June 15, 2022

It's A Monster Mash!!

Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  If you're looking for my Inky Paws Challenge card, please scroll down one post.    I've been having one of those "days" all week so far, so I decided to chip away at needed Halloween cards, so I'd like to share with you one I finished last night using Impression Obsession's clear set Monster Mash.
 
I started out by stamping my images/saying in memento tuxedo black ink onto a Hammermill white scrap slimline panel before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once my coloring was finished, I layered it and then added some brads before distressing the edges of the purple panel using a Tim Holtz distresser tool before popping it up over an orange card.  I then decided to stipple some chipped sapphire distress ink using blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  It was then I discovered I had only partially stamped the spider web, so I did it again onto scrap white card stock before fussy cutting it out and popping up using dimensionals.  I then took a retired Stampin Up bat punch, punched some scrap black card stock, then distressed it using an embossing stylus before adding it to my card.  The final touches were googlie eyes and highlighting parts of the saying, and monsters, using Sakura 3D glaze pens.  I'm pretty pleased with it considering I'm still feeling pretty crappy.

Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Distresser Tool, Googlie Eyes, Ranger Glossy Accents, Dimensionals, SU Bat Punch, Embossing Stylus, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads

6 comments:

  1. Really fun monster card.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I think it’s your turn in the hammock under the Playground treehouse!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute slimline, love the googly eyes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Bonnie- and the googly eyes are a super finishing touch as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sweet lil' monsters! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, they are defo too cute to spook.. love this. The googly eyes really add an extra bit to this. A fabulous card!Thanks for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love monster stamps, so I might need to add this one to my statsh! So darn cute!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete