Friday, April 29, 2022

What Cancer Cannot Do And A Walk Along The Beach

 Hello and welcome.  Today I have a couple of cards to share that I've made over the week but first, an update on me. I was told Wednesday by my pulmonary doc that I'm officially considered "long haul" COVID. I'm still very short of breath, coughing like crazy (pulled something in my chest Tuesday night), running a low grade fever off & on and coughing up some really gross, thick milky yellow garbage. Yuck!🤢 Doctors don't want me to go on any more antibiotics at this point since I've been in them too much & I'm starting to not respond to them anymore. I'm still taking a bunch of pills ( and vitamins recommended to me by my doctors to help combat the COVID) as well as Dupixent shots every two weeks to help the asthma. Thank you Lord for patient assistance programs! Those Dupixent shots are around $5000 each!! 😮 I'm also restarting the nebulizer meds 4x's a day plus adding an inhaled steroid twice daily in the nebulizer. Also have regular inhalers plus a steroid inhaler to help combat the trouble breathing. Downside-I'm gaining more weight again plus getting puffy like my late mother in law would complain about. The last couple days I've been losing my voice from coughing so much. Hubby and I have noticed lately my memory seems to be affected. When I asked the doc about it she said unfortunately in some long haul patients they're seeing this. She suggested I do everything I can to keep my brain engaged- reading, talking, etc. I told her I do read quite often & color/card make. She said all that is great. She also went over my last breathing test and said my lung function has decreased & wants to schedule me for a more in depth lung function test so we have a better idea how bad it is. My sense of smell is coming back slowly still so that's good.  My energy level still stinks though.  This COVID stuff has aggravated my migraines & put me in a fibromyalgia flare. The worst part of the visit, our pulmonary doc (hubby sees the same one) is relocating to the Bay Area the end of August, so we have to find a new one. There's only one other pulmonologist locally and there's no way he can handle the whole county. My husband's diabetic doc has recommended one at the Fresno UCSF clinic. The doctor is the head of pulmonology at Fresno's Community Regional Medical Center & she says is top notch. So we're going to see if our primary can refer us there.  Now on to my cards.

First up is a card made using using a NBUS Peonies stencil from Picket Fence Studios along with their blending brushes.  I started out by blending Stampin Up regal rose, pretty in pink, certainly celery and garden green inks on a Hammermill white panel before layering it.  I then stamped the What Cancer Cannot Do from The Cottage Stamper (now closed) that I've had for some time and never used in memento tuxedo black ink on vellum card stock.  After trimming, I added it to the layered panel using brads before adding the who thing to a regal rose card.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Second up is a card made using  SheepSki Designs
digital image Breezy Beach Walk.   After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Arts pencils before stippling Tim Holtz mowed lawn, broken china, tumbled glass and brushed corduroy distress inks then layered it before adding to my card panel.  Since I didn't have any matching brads, I made my own by using a really small hole punch and a Marta Stewart 2-way glue pen.  The final touch was waterfall ice stickles to highlight the ocean.

Challenges entered: 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend!
 
What Cancer Cannot Do card
Stamps: The Cottage Stamper 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Vellum; Stampin Up
Accessories: PFS Peonies Stencils, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads

Beach Scene card
Stamps: SheepSki Designs
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Pencils, Ice Stickles, Small Hole Punch, MS 2-Way Glue Pen

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about all your health issues, it sounds really quite depressing so I hope you are coping OK. I know your hobbies will make a big difference so I am glad you are keeping up with them. Your cards are lovely. I have come to you because I have signed up behind you on the NBUS challenge. I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers. Your cards are lovely, Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy Challenge and we hope you'll join in again soon.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Bonnie, you are really being put through it. I will keep you in my prayers that you will turn a corner soon and come out of this. It is wonderful that you are still able to craft. And your cards are fantastic. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you have been so unwell, sending all the healing vibes I can.
    Thank you entering your beautiful work with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I'm late here, trying to catch up whilst dealing with my meds. First, wonderful cards, love all the details you added. Second, well, crapola. Reading about your health kinda sucker-punched me as your friend. My heart is breaking for you, I know it was not the news you wanted or needed. I so hope this new doc will perhaps have some new ideas for helping you. In the meantime, I will continue to keep you in my prayers! XOX

    ReplyDelete