Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Don't Mess With Santa!

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a snarky Christmas card made using the Loads of Cheer stamp (NBUS) set from Whimsy Stamps.  The inside is stamped "Wishing you loads of cheer!"  Now anyone that knows me, knows that I love a good snarky stamp and this one fits right in with me and my husband's family.  No family dinner gathering is complete until the bathroom humor kicks in.  In fact, this will be his cousin's Christmas card.  

I started out by stamping the Santa image in memento tuxedo black ink onto scrap Hammermill card stock before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers before stamping the saying in the top right corner.  I then stippled some Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire distress ink around the image using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios, before layering and adding brads.  Once the colored image was layered, I added it to a shaded spruce card before adding a dark green/gold organdy ribbon and ice stickles to finish it off.  I'm really happy with it since I colored it while dealing with a migraine and residual COVID issues still.  This image is fortunately large enough for me to color without causing too much pain.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Stamps: Whimsy 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up!
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Ribbon, Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, PFS Blending Brushes

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie. That's a hilarious card! I had to go check out the stamp set, my gosh! I might need to go shopping at Whimsy, hahaha. Love it, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha!!!! This is awesome! Great snark and layers. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! That's some image... I'll be carrying it in my head for quite a while. Hope you continue to recover, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh that is an awesome image and sentiment LOL!!
    Thanks for layering up with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!
    Hope you are feeling better - I am there with ya - COVID sucks!

    ReplyDelete