Thursday, April 21, 2022

Spring Lighthouse and Advice From The Lake

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards I've made over the last week. First up is an image from Impression Obsession called Lighthouse With Flowers H1993 that I've had for a while and hadn't used yet (NBUS).  Have I ever told you how much I LOVE lighthouses?  My card uses the digital form of this image but if you prefer red rubber, you can find it here but only until the end of April because Impression Obsession is fazing out it's red rubber stamps.  If you prefer the red rubber, they're ALL on sale until the end of April.

I started out by printing my image onto Neenah white card stock then colored using Castle Arts pencils before blending in my background using a Slim Line Cloud stencil using my go to ink for clouds, Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink and my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  Once all of my coloring was finished, and the image panel layered, I added it to a green galore card stamped with a script background I picked up a good decade ago at a stamp convention from A Stamp In The Hand.  The final touches were ice stickles, outlining the frame with a gold gel pen and gold Stampin Up enamel dots instead of brads.

Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons - April Spring Challenge (inspired by colors of spring boot pic)
Splitcoaststampers IC853 - James Street Home Decor (inspired by lighthouse sample pic)
Use Your Stuff #446 - Spring/Easter (silk flowers, tonic distresser tool)
 
The Four Seasons
 
 
My next card uses a set from Newton's Nook Designs called Lake Advice.  My card was inspired by my summers camping in the California mountains when I was little to escape the triple digit heat.I started out by stamping the saying in memento black on a scrap Neenah white card stock, before stamping the tree line and water.  I then stamped the canoe and oar twice onto scrap card stock before coloring everything using Castle Arts pencils and a white gel pen.  I then fussy cut the canoe/oar out and popped them up using mini/micro pop dots.  I then stippled Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress inks around the saying before stippling so saffron ink for the sun using blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  Once I was finished with the image panel, I layered it and added some brads before distressing the bottom layer using a Tonic paper distresser.  As an afterthought, I removed one of the brads then placed it in the middle of two silk flowers before re-adding back to my panel.  The whole thing was placed on a navy card using dimensionals.

Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Lighthouse Card
Stamps: Impression Obsession; A Stamp In The Hand
Ink: SU Green Galore; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah White; SU
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Slim Line Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles, Gel Pen, SU Gold Enamel Dots

Lake Advice
Stamps: Newton's Nook
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire; SU So Saffron
Card Stock: Neenah White; SU
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Brads, Silk Flower, Toni Paper Distresser, Pop Dots, PFS Blending Brushes

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL scene! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving both cards, Bonnie. The lighthouse scene is wonderful. Your sky is fantastic! And the sentiment on the lake card is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards there, Bonnie, have to say though - for me - the lighthouse one stands out (and not only because you've entered it in our challenge!). That must have taken some time to colour and you've done it fabulously! Stunning!

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, hope to see you again.
    Sarah
    DT - Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a living room filled with Lighthouses and nautical items. I love lighthouses and the ones in Oregon are so pretty. Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete