Monday, April 11, 2022

Jesus

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share an Easter card made using a Stampabilities stamp I've had for sometime and never used.  Why you might ask?  I have no idea why I haven't used it before now.  

I started out by stamping it in Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink onto Neenah white card stock before coloring it using Castle Arts pencils.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled some tea dye distress ink over everything using my Picket Fence Studios blending brushes before layering and adding brads.  Before I added my layered panel to my card, at the last minute, I decided to distress the bottom edges of the layered panel using a Tonic distresser tool, then added it to my card using dimensionals.  I then stamped Jesus from a retired Taylored Expressions Yahweh mini set in walnut stain distress ink, layered, and distressed the bottom layer.  Since I didn't want to add any brads, but still wanted a finished look, I added some "faux brads" by punching some micro dots from scrap card stock then added using a Martha Stewart glue pen.  I then adhered it to my card also using dimensionals.  As my finishing touch, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents around the "dirt floor" of the card before mixing in some Stampin Up really rust embossing powder to make the "dirt floor" more real before highlighting the 3 nails my toddler Jesus was playing with using a 3D glaze pen.  I'm really happy with how it turned out since I made it while still dealing with a migraine.  Felt I had to focus on something beside dealing with the pain.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great Easter week.

Stamps: Stampabilities; Taylored Expressions
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Tea Dye
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Distresser Tool, Ranger Glossy Accents, Dimensionals, 3D Glaze Pen, SU Really Rust Embossing Powder, Brads, Small Hole Punch, MS Glue Pen, PFS Blending Brushes

1 comment:

  1. Lovely scene, Bonnie. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete