Tuesday, February 23, 2021

You're A Classic

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card made for my future brother-in-law's birthday using a fairly new stamp set called Oil Always Love You from The Cats Pajamas that I just haven't used until now.  It's ending up being a belated birthday card thanks to health issues and just not having the energy to much of anything.
 
I started out by stamping the main image twice (once on card stock and once on scrap designer paper) in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring parts of the image using Castle Art pencils and a blender pencil.  Once the coloring was finished, I added some Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink and Stampin Up going grey ink using my blender brushes from Picket Fence Studios before layering and adding brads.  I then took the stamped designer paper images and cut those out so I could paper piece them onto the blank areas of my colored image panel.  For the card, I pulled out some scrap vintage clock face designer paper I had bought at Costco years ago and hadn't finished using up yet, added that to an artichoke card before blending Tim Holtz forest moss distress ink around the edges using my blender brushes.  I then took a scrap strip of Close To My Heart designer paper, layered it onto some chocolate card stock, then added to the card.  After stamping the saying onto the layered image panel, I added that to the card using dimensionals.  The only other embellishments were highlighting parts of the rabbits face using a black artist pen then some dew drops as the cars hub caps and some in the bottom right corner of the card.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask!

Stamps: The Cats Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Forest Moss, Stormy Sky Distress Inks; Stampin Up Going Grey
Card Stock: Stampin Up, Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Blending Brushes, Dew Drops, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Brads

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that bunny mechanic is way too cute and you've made him into the perfect car/card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (family!) STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome card! Love the bunny and your great color choices! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he love that sentiment and how cute is that wee bunny???
    Thanks for celebrating all things family with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete