Thursday, February 11, 2021

Hearts And Waking Up

Hello and welcome.  Today I have a couple of cards that have taken me a bit to finish due to health issues.  I decided to keep both pretty much clean and simple (CAS) as I could.

The first one uses a never before used digital image from Whimsy Stamps called But Coffee First.  After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Art pencils and a blender pencil before cutting down to size and layering.  Once layered, I added brads then added to a pacific pointe card stamped with a retired Stampin Up splatter wheel.  I then took a cotton ball and rubbed some amethyst chalk over all the remaining white part of the image.  For embellishments, I highlighted parts of the image/saying using Sakura 3D glaze pens and Ranger glossy accents for the "coffee".

Challenges entered:
 
 
My second card today features a retired, and dusty, Stampin Up set called Sheltering Tree that was originally started last week for the SCS Inspiration Challenge (also taking WAY too long to finish).  I started out by stamping the tree base using Memento Cocoa ink before stamping the leaves in Memento Cottage Ivy and Bamboo Leaves inks.  The hearts are stamped in Memento Ladybug ink. Once the main image panel was stamped, I blended Stampin Up Bashful Blue and Memento Cottage Ivy ink around the edges for the sky and grass using Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes before layering and adding brads.  My card is stamped in Stampin Up Real Red ink with the same ink blended around the edges of the card.  The only other embellishments are some red organdy ribbon and some red epoxy hearts (added to the tree "fruit" and "flowers").

Challenges entered:
 
 
I'm really happy with how both of these turned out since I was making them feeling like "garbage".  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask!!

Waking Up
 
Stamps: Whimsy
Card Stock:  Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Computer, Printer, Brads, Cotton Ball, Stampin Up Chalks, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens

Sheltering Tree
 
Stamps: Stampin Up
Card Stock: Hammermill White, Stampin Up
Ink: Stampin Up Real Red, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Blender Brushes, Ribbon, Brads, Epoxy Heart Stickers
 

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the traditional Valentine colors and that tree! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Valentine Love" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope making the cards made you feel at least a little better? Both are great. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting to comment on the Sheltering Tree hearts card you've shared. I don't know if I've ever seen this SU stamp before. I love it! Sweet card for any time of the year but especially now with Valentine's Day just 2 days away. Thanks for linking to the LOVE theme at MTTC challenge blog! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh. I know a few like that in the morning. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects! Thanks for sharing at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Love them both but the bunny and coffee made me smile. Just say NO to mornings! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your one for us at CD Sunday Plus. I am a big Minion fan and the comment is something they might say.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Bonnie! Love that the tree & flowers are hearts! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your card at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and actually laughed out loud. Can you tell I am not a morning person? Had to come over to your blog and say thanks for making my day, your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both cards, especially the one you have entered the challenge with, love the sentiment thats usually me in the morning
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better. You made lovely Valentine's tree. Love the little the red hearts on the tree. Thanks for joining at 613 Avenue Create.
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a morning person so that saying is great for me! I like this card but I love the one that's not for our challenge LOL!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday PLus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both your cards. I can empathise with how you feel and think you have created 2 fabulous cards. Hope you feel a bit better.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job with these two designs when you didn't feel well, Bonnie! I love your flower card but after seeing the "stupid" card in the NBUS gallery, I had to come over and let you know how you made me laugh out loud! I love everything about this amusing design and I appreciate that you continue to share with everyone at NBUS! Feel better and keep safe. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling better!!
    Love both the cards, but not being a morning person (never was, never will be) I can totally identify with that first one :)
    Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our N is for No challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sentiment on your first card! The second one is lovely for Valentine's Day. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun card! Great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge - Good Luck!
    Maz DT
    https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are feeling better, Bonnie Lynn. Love your card - this is sooooo me. Thanks for playing with the sistahs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fabulous - the first card made me giggle and the second is very pretty,

    Thanks for playing along both at Creative Moments, and also MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope that you are feeling better, and good on you for creating two fantastic cards while sick. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, both lovely cards. Hope you're feeling a bit perkier now.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times; it fits perfectly with our ‘Valentines/Love’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    xx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete