Sunday, February 28, 2021

Ain't No Sunshine Sketch


 
Hello and welcome.  Today is another Stella Says Sketch over at Catch The Bug.  For my project, I am using a recently released image called Bugaboo Angels - Ain't No Sunshine.  However, I tipped the sketch on it's end and made a slimline card.  

After printing the image onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using Castle Art pencils with a blender pencil before blending Tim Holtz broken china and stormy sky distress inks around it using blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  I then took one of my stipple brushes and lightly stippled the broken china ink around the edges of the image panel before layering and adding brads.  I then stamped my card using a retired, and dusty, Stampin Up splat roller wheel and pink passion ink.  I  then took a scrap of some Colorbok Light Bright designer paper, added that, then sponged the pink passion ink around the edges of the card base before adding my layered image panel.  I then dusted off some Recollections flowers and a Marvy splat punch, added the flowers and the punched splat using micro glue dots.  After highlighting parts of the colored image/saying using Sakura 3D glaze and souffle pens, I then added some Spiked Ocean Water Sequins from Picket Fence Studios.  The final touch was diamond ice stickles highlighting the images "raindrops".

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.  Stay safe out there and please wear a mask!!

Stamps: Bugaboo; Stampin Up Splat Roller Wheel
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Stormy Sky; Stampin Up Pink Passion
Card Stock: Hammermill White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, PFS Sequins, PFS Blending Brushes, Stipple Brush, Glue Dots, Brads, Recollections Flowers, Marvy Splat Punch, Sponge
 

7 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the sentiment I realised that it came from a song so I went off to listen to it. Wonderful. Thank you for the reminder and your lovely card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

    http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
    http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
    https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com
    http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card for a sad sentiment! Love the colurs you've used.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, such pretty colours.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I like the sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely slimline card with great colouring and a lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing your lovely design with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just awesome. You've colored this sweet image perfectly! Thanks so much for joining your adorable card with us at Colour Crazy.
    Silke

    ReplyDelete