Saturday, February 6, 2021

Happy Birthday Chickie!

 
Hello and welcome.  Today is new Saturday challenge over at Catch The Bug and this week's theme is Anything Goes. Since I'm always running low on birthday cards, I decided to use Make It Snappy Birthday Chickie which I've had for a while and haven't used yet.  

After printing my image onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before layering and adding blue enamel dots instead of brads.  For my card, I took a long scrap of turquoise card stock, folded it like a square card then dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug Birthday embossing folder and my big shot.  Once the I was finished dry embossing it, I stippled some Tim Holtz broken china distress ink around the edges and over the dry embossed surface before adding my layered image panel.  I then added some turquoise ribbon, primas, and some Picket Fence Studios Spiked Ocean Water sequins before highlighting parts of the image using my dusty Copic Spica pens.  The final embellishment was adding Ranger glossy accents to highlight the eyes.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and I hope to see you enter the challenge over at Catch The Bug.  Also please stay safe out there and please wear a mask!!

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
Card Stock: Hammermill White, Stampin Up Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Copic Spica Pens, Ranger Glossy Accents, SU Enamel Dots, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Ribbon, Primas, PFS Spiked Ocean Water Sequins, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot

6 comments:

  1. How super fun is this?! Anyone would love opening an envelope and discovering this delightful birthday card, Bonnie, not to mention getting the giggles at being called "chickie," lol! (I WANT that ice cream cone!) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chicken's eyes! And that icecream looks yum!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, great chicken eyes and yummy ice cream
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun card and I love the expression on the chicken's face. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thank for sharing it with us at the Colour Crazy Craft challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete