Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Prayer Journal

Hello and welcome.  I've been trying for a few weeks now to make a prayer journal for my husband, however, my health had other ideas.  Between migraines and a sinus infection with bronchitis, I've had absolutely no energy, let alone get creative.  Hoping the antibiotics help me feel better soon and Mother Nature decides to play fair with the wind/rain California's getting right now.

After digging through my stash to find that composition book I bought during the back to school sales, I adhered lots of Scor-tape over the front of the book before adhering a 12x12 sheet of "sea painting" designer paper I've had for years and never used.  Once that was done, I I took some 49 and Market washi tape I won a while back, also never used, along the edge of the cover before adding card stock and more washi tape inside the front cover.  Taking some scrap white card stock, I then die cut the prayer journal letters using a Sizzix alphabet set I received from a friend when she had to down-size her stamp room for a move.  I then stippled on some Tim Holtz old paper, faded jeans, tattered rose, aged mahogany and stormy sky distress inks over the letters to help them subtly blending in with the designer paper.  Finally, I die cut from scraps two crosses from Spellbinders Cross Collection (now retired) dies with one cross for the inside cover.  After stippling some Stampin Up wisteria ink over my die cut cross, I adhered the letters first then my cross using some Bearly Arts glue.  


Turning my attention to the inside front cover, I first stamped my To God Be The Glory hymn title from Sweet N Sassy's  Timeless Hymns, onto scrap white card stock before die cutting it out using my Spellbinders Labels 7 dies and my Big Shot making sure to also die cut the remaining layers from scraps as well.  Before adhering all the hymn layers together, I stippled the same Tim Holtz inks around the hymn.  After adhering the layers, I then added the second cross I had die cut earlier using the Bearly Arts glue.  I then took my Martha Stewart punches and punched out several ferns, pine spring, butterflies and flowers using up some scraps to make my own floral sprays for the inside.  Once everything was adhered I finished them off by highlighting the hymn using a 3D glaze pen and then adding some Stampendous Class-A-Peels stickers I've had for years and haven't finished using up yet.   I'm happy with how the journal turned out for my husband, especially since it took three weeks to put it together while sick.

Challenges entered:
 
Never Before Used Schtuff #48 (NBUS) - March Use Your NBUS (designer paper, Sizzix and Spellbinders dies, washi tape)
Snippets Playground #450 - Use Those Snippets/Scraps (letters, crosses, book die cuts, floral sprays) 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous rest of your week.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy Timeless Hymns
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Faded Jeans, Old Paper, Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose, Stormy Sky; Stampin Up Wisteria
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Misc Designer Paper; Scraps
Accessories: Composition Notebook, Scor-Tape, Sizzix Alpha Dies, Spellbinders Cross Collection, Labels 7, PFS Blending Brushes, Washi Tape, Big Shot, 3D Glaze Pen, MS Punches, Bearly Arts Glue, Stampendous Class-A-Peels Stickers
 

5 comments:

  1. Great job on this, Bonnie! I know it must have taken a lot of strength being ill and all. Hope those antibiotics do the trick! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous snippets usage on your journal. I'm sure your husband will love this work of art.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Sorry to hear you've been ill. Come up to the Playground Treehouse where we have nice comfy chairs and some snuggle blankies to keep you warm and cosy. I'll bring you a mug of hot chocolate with a little something extra in it to perk you up! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start to feel better soon! This is a lovely prayer journal and a perfect way to put feelings down when you're feeling up to writing. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful journal this is Bonnie. Your husband will treasure it - and it's clear that a lot of love and care went into the making of it. Super use of snippets too!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Bonnie Lynn. I love the concept and the pretty colors. I hope you're feeling better very soon. God bless you, my friend. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete