Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday - March 2023 Edition

 
 

 
Hello and welcome to another Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  Each month participating stampers are using wood block stamps and showing them some love.  I've got a "ton" of woodblock stamps, and some of them haven't seen ink in years, so this challenge is perfect for me.  My card today finally uses one of those "virgin" wood mount stamps.  I bought this stamp somewhere around 2005 or 2006 from a stamp shop in Boise, Idaho.  We had been visiting my in-laws and while doing some shopping/dining out in Boise, we went to an awesome stamp shop. My brother in law, at the time, wasn't thrilled about it until he discovered the shop had a "husbands room".  Basically there were 3 recliners, TV and movies for the husbands to watch/hang out in while their wives shopped or attended a class.  What an awesome idea!!!  I wish all stamp shops had this although my husband loves stamp shopping with me and is a bigger enabler than anyone.  I try to take stuff out of my basket trying to not over spend and he puts it right back in the basket saying "I don't want to hear about it".  However, I digress.  My brother in law found this stamp, from Northwoods,  near the "husbands room" and made a comment about liking the picture I think before setting it down.  My husband grabbed the stamp and put it in my basket because he loved it.  It's sat in my scenery box since then, never used.  Perhaps it's because my brother in law (or fellow outlaw as he put it) died the following March from cancer.  The stamp reminds me a lot of him.  So Gary, this card is for you.  I'm sure you're watching from Heaven as I've finally used your stamp.  I just hope I did it justice.

I started out by stamping the image in memento tuxedo black ink onto a Neenah white scrap card stock before coloring it using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  Once the coloring was finished, I stenciled the clouds using Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink and Picket Fence slimline cloud stencil along with my Picket Fence blending brushes.  Once that was finished, I lightly stenciled some Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink around the edges before layering and adding brads.  My card base has stenciled using Sweet N Sassy Birch Forest stencil along with my blending brushes and the mowed lawn distress ink.  Once that was finished, I added my image panel using pop up glue dots.  As an afterthought, I ran a fingernail along the edges of the popped up image to distress it a bit and stippled some left over Tim Holtz old paper distress ink to "age" the image a tad.  The only other embellishments were crystal ice stickles for the sun/creek and a small green bow I found in my stash.

Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station #47 - See Mood Board (inspired by all the green colors)

The Four Seasons

Inspiration Station #47

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and while you're at it pull out some wood block stamps and join us.  We have a fabulous sponsor for our challenge.  

Stamps: Northwoods
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn, Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts and Lyra Pencils, Fingernail, Brads, SNSS Stencil, Bow, Pop Up Glue Dots, Ice Stickles
 

9 comments:

  1. Love this Bonnie Lynn. Your hubby sounds like a keeper! He's my kind of shopper. I love the story behind the stamp you used today. Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful spring scene, what a great stamp! I've not heard of the woodblock challenge before but going to check it out as I love my wood mounted stamps!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scene! I'll have to check out this challenge, it's a new one to me and i have loads of woodblock stamps. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll join in again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful scene you have created and a beautiful tribute to the BIL that you lost, a great post!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this woodblock scene, Bonnie. Very sweet and touching memories as well. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous scene, these all woodblocks can be so challenging! You did a great job with all that coloring - just lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bonnie! I LOVE your scene! You are the winner of the CCD March Hop! Check out the CCD Blog or FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene! This is great! Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete